Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

701 - 720 of 738 Posts

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #702
I need to put back the pictures.. but my website has been hit with 404 not found. I'll fix the pictures when i get it from my back up computer tomorrow along with my door visor one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worked for me today

I tried this SRS Light Reset a few months ago...over and over again. But, it just wouldn't work. The light kept coming on.

I took it to the dealer.. they wanted CRAZY amounts of money just to run diagnostics.

I took it to a local mechanic and he was much more reasonable. Turns out it was code 15-1. But, he wasn't sure what he would need to replace to get it to go off, and recommended going back to the dealer.....

Today, as a final last resort before slumping back to the dealer I decided to give it one more shot. I quickly searched for a paperclip in my apartment.. no luck. Perhaps the same paperclip I had tried before might still be in my car?

I went out to the car and looked down on the ground and there was a paperclip just laying there!

I followed the instructions.. it took several attempts to get the timing and sequence right...but NOW MY AIRBAG LIGHT IS OFF!

YES!

THANK YOU this just saved me literally $500+

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i just bought a rsx and the guy before me had aftermarket seats then put the stock seats back in the car when i bought it. How do i reset it so the srs light can go off i needa get an inspection soon lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
So i just bought a rsx and the guy before me had aftermarket seats then put the stock seats back in the car when i bought it. How do i reset it so the srs light can go off i needa get an inspection soon lol
SRS light does not keep you from passing (in Texas at least)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just want to add that I just an RSX 02 and the SRS light was on and tried this method and it didn't work. The SRS light would turn back on after the 2 flashes of the SRS light.

I read thru a few pages and saw that one member mentioned that he pulled the keys out right after the 2 flashes of the SRS light turned, and finally it worked!!

Thanks guys! I know its an old thread I'm reviving.

·
CRSX Seen better days
22,288 Posts
I just want to add that I just an RSX 02 and the SRS light was on and tried this method and it didn't work. The SRS light would turn back on after the 2 flashes of the SRS light.

I read thru a few pages and saw that one member mentioned that he pulled the keys out right after the 2 flashes of the SRS light turned, and finally it worked!!

Thanks guys! I know its an old thread I'm reviving.
Hmm ill give it a shot again tomorrow

·
RSX Killa
250 Posts
Worked for me on the second try. At first I was putting the "jumper" into the connector, but it wasn't making contact. Second times a charm though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have not tried this yet but I do want to comment that I did take my car to the Acura dealer and forked out about 700 to get this light off. They told me that it was a 400 seat belt tensioner and that It blew so they needed to replace it. Then after it was replaced the light was still on and so they said to drive 50 miles and it will go off. Bullshit. I drove like 65 miles yesterday and its still not off. So I am going to try this when I have time. Moral of the story. Acura dealer will kill your pocket before they fix anything.

·
Carbon Fiber Man CFM
14 Posts
If the paper clip trick fails then you probably need to have your brain reset clear up all the crash codes also if you installed new seats or airbags you need to have them recalibrated before reconnecting or else SRS light won't turn off.

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #712
Just an update, this method will only work if you have any of the following scenario:
- removed your gauge cluster
- removed your seats and started your car then plugged back in
- removed airbag and put back in and came on while in motion.
- came on randomly while driving and had no physical collusion.
- Hit a bump/pothole or side of the curb and nothing popped.
- Dead battery

This method will not work unless you have a SRS by-pass on the plugs that supposely have airbags on:
- if you have changed your seats to aftermarket
- aftermarket steering wheel
- Replacing 02-04 seats to 05-06 or vice versa. You need to replace the module that match your generation, lets say 02-04 are 1st Generation DC5 and 05-06 are 2nd Generation.
- have popped your air bag.
- Some but not all, replacing your gauge cluster to S2K module.

Other Note:
If you have been in to an accident and the seat belt is locked, and air bag popped, you will need to replace the seat belt and the seat belt buckle thats on the locked seat belt seat, air bag, the impacted sensors and the SRS module then you can use this method. 1st gen and 2nd gen SRS will not work to one or the other and must match same generation DC5.

I hope this helps on those who had questions about this. Sorry for the late update.. sold my rsx but now I own one again.. lol

·
allmotor whore!
65 Posts
thx a lot for this DIY,will try it on my gf rsx:fistbump:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Help!

Help! I've had my passenger seat belt changed about 8 times since I bought my 2005 Acura RSX brand new (Automatic transmission) and a few months ago the stupid (bright as hell) "Passenger side Airbag is off" light came back on!! This time the dealership said that my computer has gone out and just for the computer it cost $855 dollars!! I will not pay that!

Is there anything I can do to get this Airbag light off??

Oh yeah, what is the item number for the resistor that Radio Shack sells and can I buy it off the web somewhere? Will it help me? I can't stand this damn light being on anymore! It's been like a month or two now... Ahhhhhh!

Thanks in Advance! :)

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #715
Help! I've had my passenger seat belt changed about 8 times since I bought my 2005 Acura RSX brand new (Automatic transmission) and a few months ago the stupid (bright as hell) "Passenger side Airbag is off" light came back on!! This time the dealership said that my computer has gone out and just for the computer it cost $855 dollars!! I will not pay that!

Is there anything I can do to get this Airbag light off??

Oh yeah, what is the item number for the resistor that Radio Shack sells and can I buy it off the web somewhere? Will it help me? I can't stand this damn light being on anymore! It's been like a month or two now... Ahhhhhh!

Thanks in Advance! :)
Check the passenger side, remove the 4 14mm bolt that secures the seat down, lift it up and check the plugs to make sure they are fully intact and no exposed wires are showing. Side airbag can also be caused by the sensors on the passenger seat. Have you ever got the seat replaced? Just trying to see if I can point you to the right direction. Let me know what your results are. If everything is fine, try doing the DIY and see if it clears.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check the passenger side, remove the 4 14mm bolt that secures the seat down, lift it up and check the plugs to make sure they are fully intact and no exposed wires are showing. Side airbag can also be caused by the sensors on the passenger seat. Have you ever got the seat replaced? Just trying to see if I can point you to the right direction. Let me know what your results are. If everything is fine, try doing the DIY and see if it clears.
Yeah, I've already looked under the passenger seat (original Acura Factory seat) and everything is hooked up. I didn't take the seat out because I can see everything under it. When my AirBag light used to come on I would take it to the dealership and they would replace the seatbelt part near the seat next to the console. That SRS light would come on at least twice a year ever since I bought this car brand new (had 8 miles on it when I bought it) and they would always fix it by changing that seatbelt part. Funny thing is that the light would come on and no one ever rides in the passenger seat (LOL, No friends... pretty sad huh?). So this last time the SRS cane on I took it back to the dealership and they kept it all day long then called me and said the Airbag computer has went out (kaplooey)! It will be $810 dollars (I think it was 810 or 850) and I didn't even ask them about how much the labor is. I can't even afford the [email protected] computer much less the labor. Sooooo they said I have no AirBags that would go off if I got into a violent wreck.

So if that's the case can't I just leave the yellow connector that is under the steering wheel panel unhooked? I'm so tired of being blinded by this extremely bright SRS light that stays on constantly while my car is on!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
You should see the list of the problems that I'm now having with my RSX! It's 2 pages long... I've always taken car of my .car (along with everything else I buy) but this is ridiculous!

Here take a look....

" #1: Passenger side "Airbag Light" is on, y'all have changed the seatbelt connection near the seat next to middle console to fix it... (Nalley Acura said my Airbag computer is shot).

#2: "Maintenance Required" light flashes three times after all other dashboard lights turn off???

#3: While sitting at the bottom of a hill at a red light when light turns green and I start off giving it gas the engine/front end vibrates and makes a loud roaring noise. I think it has something to do with vacuum or air intake? A bolt has worked itself loose on the big hose at the front and behind the radiator, you can see the screw that we put in to keep that pipe stable but I don't think it's holding the pipe tight enough.... (The Toy Shop said that my Transmission mounts are busted, along with my Motor Mounts)

#4: While cruising down the road and I have to let off the gas because someone is turning right off the road in front of me, when I hit the gas again I sometimes hear this loud THUD coming from under the engine/under the car where the gas and bake pedals are... (No answer from The Toy Shop about this problem).

#5: While slowing down to stop on the road, if there are ripples or multiple bumps in the road my front struts/shocks will pop, kinda sounds like Rice Krispies popping but way louder... (The Toy Shop said that the front Struts are shot)

#6: Car does not sit level, if you look at my car from the back it looks to me like the whole side (I think it sits lower on the drivers side) of the car from the front to back sits lower. You can measure from the Center of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel well and measure just how much further down one side sits while parked. It's always been like this ever since I bought it from y'all brand new... (The Toy Shop said that my front Struts are shot)

#7: Window washer hardly works anymore, the drivers side sprays great but the passenger side and back window washer just barely trickles out. I guess the pump is going out! Ahhhh!

#8: There is probably more stuff wrong but I can't think of it right now. :'(

My Acura RSX is the Automatic transmission, 2005. I have 92,399 miles on it. I got lots of extras on my RSX when I bought it (I.e. ground effects, Back wing spoiler, on top at the back of my hatchback, transferred my 5K Stereo system into my RSX my audio system has been transferred from 5 different new cars that I've owned over the years, etc, etc....). ;-)

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #719
You should see the list of the problems that I'm now having with my RSX! It's 2 pages long... I've always taken car of my .car (along with everything else I buy) but this is ridiculous!

Here take a look....

" #1: Passenger side "Airbag Light" is on, y'all have changed the seatbelt connection near the seat next to middle console to fix it... (Nalley Acura said my Airbag computer is shot).

#2: "Maintenance Required" light flashes three times after all other dashboard lights turn off???

#3: While sitting at the bottom of a hill at a red light when light turns green and I start off giving it gas the engine/front end vibrates and makes a loud roaring noise. I think it has something to do with vacuum or air intake? A bolt has worked itself loose on the big hose at the front and behind the radiator, you can see the screw that we put in to keep that pipe stable but I don't think it's holding the pipe tight enough.... (The Toy Shop said that my Transmission mounts are busted, along with my Motor Mounts)

#4: While cruising down the road and I have to let off the gas because someone is turning right off the road in front of me, when I hit the gas again I sometimes hear this loud THUD coming from under the engine/under the car where the gas and bake pedals are... (No answer from The Toy Shop about this problem).

#5: While slowing down to stop on the road, if there are ripples or multiple bumps in the road my front struts/shocks will pop, kinda sounds like Rice Krispies popping but way louder... (The Toy Shop said that the front Struts are shot)

#6: Car does not sit level, if you look at my car from the back it looks to me like the whole side (I think it sits lower on the drivers side) of the car from the front to back sits lower. You can measure from the Center of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel well and measure just how much further down one side sits while parked. It's always been like this ever since I bought it from y'all brand new... (The Toy Shop said that my front Struts are shot)

#7: Window washer hardly works anymore, the drivers side sprays great but the passenger side and back window washer just barely trickles out. I guess the pump is going out! Ahhhh!

#8: There is probably more stuff wrong but I can't think of it right now. :'(

My Acura RSX is the Automatic transmission, 2005. I have 92,399 miles on it. I got lots of extras on my RSX when I bought it (I.e. ground effects, Back wing spoiler, on top at the back of my hatchback, transferred my 5K Stereo system into my RSX my audio system has been transferred from 5 different new cars that I've owned over the years, etc, etc....). ;-)

Let me see what I know to see if it can assist you.

#1, passenger has a seat sensor that senses if anyone is sitting on it. If side Airbag light comes on, that means the sensor you have on the seat could be malfunction or the connectors underneath the seat is "disconnected." Try the SRS reset and see if it goes away. If your SRS module is shot, go check a body shop and see if they can "refresh" your SRS module, usually $120-$180.

#2, put car on position two while holding down the odometer reset for 10 seconds, (have odometer showing, not on A or B trip). this will go away.

#3 one of your spring bolt came loose? Could be stripped? I guess it was loose before and cause you were on a hill, it has slipped on to the nut and caused it to make a sound. Unless its the motor mount then you need to put the bolt back in, its a bolt and nut.

#4 thats caused by Race Header if you have one hitting the sway bar. If you have shot front and rear motor mounts, this will cause it.

#5 you have a loose clamp on your coilover, if its lowering spring or stock shocks, then your front shocks are done. Replace them or your tires will pay the price.

#6 The shocks, front or rear, even just one of the shocks will cause your car to be "unbalanced". so replacing the bad shocks (replace them in pairs, Fronts or Rears or All) will correct it along with a full alignment.

#7 The pump could be out or you have wax stuck in the noodle, check it and see if theres some tree sap or something blocking it.

#8 its a 11 year old car, it wont be new but you can fix them all. lol

I hope I answered some of your problems.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for the guide!

It wasn't working for me at first, I only got 1 beep and it came back on, but after the post that listed the amount of time needed for each step was I able to correctly do it.

Thanks again, that light has been annoying me for a couple of months now.

P.S. I believe it came on for me after I was going a little too fast and went over a speed bump.

701 - 720 of 738 Posts