Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
StreetLove
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really interested in spray-and-bake headlamps, one guy on IA was gonna help me but we never got together to do it. just wondering if anyone could help out with it or re-assure me that it is easy?

·
StreetLove
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, no dude, not an ass thing. i read it, i just dont wanna eff it up. id hate to have to buy new headlights.

·
UGA Alum
1,026 Posts
you should buy used ones in case you do mess it up

·
Registered
116 Posts
it is REALLY easy to do. Just follow the DIY and you will be fine.

·
UGA Alum
1,026 Posts
welll, i wasnt actually planning on going black. i was gonna do FPR, body color. kinda like a Fit or c6.
orly? good luck on matching paint.. pics when u get done :thumbsup:

·
GET YOUR OWN TOTS!
99 Posts
I body matched mine a couple of months ago. It turned out pretty good. I goy my paint from http://automotivetouchup.com. They will put your paint code in a spray can. I ended up buying everything I needed for the job from that site. However I wouldn't recommend their primer. It wouldn't stick and I had to re-strip and re-prime with Home-depot-bought krylon. The krylon worked great though. I left out the orange side reflectors, and I made my own clear turn lenses to replace the orange ones. I'm pretty happy with the final product. I will post pictures later on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
just take your time, i have opened up and painted a few dif model cars headlights, and its really easy just take your time seperating the capsule and lens. also make sure your re-seal is good so you dont get any condensation later

·
Educated *******
13,416 Posts
this is going to sound like an ass thing to say......search button "DIY blackout headlights"
I understand-I tell guys all the time to search but I think the TS's point was not "how do I" but rather "will someone help" cus headlights are expensive if you mess it up.

·
Educated *******
13,416 Posts
I body matched mine a couple of months ago. It turned out pretty good. I goy my paint from http://automotivetouchup.com. They will put your paint code in a spray can. I ended up buying everything I needed for the job from that site. However I wouldn't recommend their primer. It wouldn't stick and I had to re-strip and re-prime with Home-depot-bought krylon. The krylon worked great though. I left out the orange side reflectors, and I made my own clear turn lenses to replace the orange ones. I'm pretty happy with the final product. I will post pictures later on.
I thought you died dude.

·
Educated *******
13,416 Posts
Did you ever do it? I have an extra set for sale if you are interested but I really want to see these on a car. I like the look in the pic up there and would like to see 'em mounted.

·
GET YOUR OWN TOTS!
99 Posts
I thought you died dude.
Not dead, just busy. I graduated UGA in May and I've been focusing on my job a lot. (trying to get a promotion)

·
Educated *******
13,416 Posts
Not dead, just busy. I graduated UGA in May and I've been focusing on my job a lot. (trying to get a promotion)
You've always been a hard worker. Keep it up bro. This whole real-world job all the time thing is going well but it's def an adjustment. I get back to GA in a few weeks (Columbus)-if you get some free time let me know and maybe we can get everyone together.

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
Congrats on the grad... I drove by your car at work the other day and didn't even pay attention to the lights man. Next time I'll have to pay attention. I just know that it seems to always be clean...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts