Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I <3 my Honda
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm about to crack open my headlights right now. I've been trying to figure what type of paint to use. People using flat black tends to just spray it on without primer or sanding. After searching around seems like a lot of people recommends satin semi gloss. I was wondering if i need to sand and primer if i use satin semi gloss. Any help? thanks

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
yes, it is very hard for the paint to stick to that type of surface, u gotta prep it

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Hmm, you could try the non-primer non-sanding technique, just use some strong rubbing alcohol and it takes the clear coat right off, then just paint with semi-gloss black from duplicolor, sticks great ;) and, weather proven its been real damn cold up here..

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
Or just sand the surface, prime it, paint it, and then spray it with a flat, semi gloss, or gloss, clear coat to keep it from fading.

·
I <3 my Honda
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i started to sand but got tired so i said fuck it. I'm in the process of just primering it and using satin black paint. imma just have these last for a whil then get some real jdm ones.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Soak the housings in bleach water to take the chrome off. It will remove the chrome paint behind the turn signal and parking ligts as well! Won't have to sand the housings down though!

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
yOo_JeAn said:
I just primered and painted satin black. wow they look good. pictures tomarrow

i did mine a flat black a few months ago....but now i kind of wish i went to a satin black look

1 - 10 of 10 Posts