Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am about to try the DIY headlights that everyone has been doing. My question is, what would happen if you dont mask over where the reflectors snap in and just paint it? I assume that it'll only make the reflectors a little darker than if you would mask it off becuase of the chrome backing. I am undecided whether to mask it off or not. Anyone have pictures so that I can compare?
thanks!

·
hello!!!
708 Posts
I don't have pics of mine but I did not tape up the parking light section on mine and it looks quite nice.. The only thing is when I have the parking lights on all you see is the light bulbs instead of having that whole section light up... I'll try to get some pics this weekend and post them for ya.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YellowDragon said:
I'll try to get some pics this weekend and post them for ya.
yea try to take some night and day pictures. IMO it would probably look better lighter because those shits are bright.. thanks:thumbsup:

·
hello!!!
708 Posts
will do

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I forgot to mask off the side reflector piece, but it still reflects fairly well. I covered up the other two places. I personally think it looks a little better if you do mask off the reflective areas...especially the turn signal part. But it's not that big of a deal...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shiraz said:
I forgot to mask off the side reflector piece, but it still reflects fairly well. I covered up the other two places. I personally think it looks a little better if you do mask off the reflective areas...especially the turn signal part. But it's not that big of a deal...
do you have pics?

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
masked

·
Registered
695 Posts
Looking for somone in the washington area to help me do my diy headlamps dont really know how to do it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts