Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Call me Lt. Shineyside
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a RH that was advertised to come with a defouler and the gasket, but came with neither. So the store is out of stock and I'm needing to get this stupid thing on to get rid of my 0420. Is there any way that I can temporarily make one to get me by till the next set of them comes in?

·
Super Moderator
23,885 Posts
I have one for sale if needed. But some people have drilled out spark plug defoulers

·
Registered
622 Posts
ebay. some are good. some are bad. they are like what $20 ishh. or find a seller on here.

·
Registered
61,559 Posts
Installation is very easy, you just bore out the hole in one of the defoulers to about 1/2", install that on the O2 sensor, screw the second defouler over the first one, and screw the whole thing back into the O2 bung. I would recommend using some anti-seize paste just in case you need to change something down the road

·
Call me Lt. Shineyside
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installation is very easy, you just bore out the hole in one of the defoulers to about 1/2", install that on the O2 sensor, screw the second defouler over the first one, and screw the whole thing back into the O2 bung. I would recommend using some anti-seize paste just in case you need to change something down the road

Thats exactly what I did :D

Now I just got to wait for it to stop raining so I can put the RH on. Sucks not having access to my garage right now :(

·
Call me Lt. Shineyside
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Wait so you only need to drill out one? Why not both? Would just one still get enough exhaust flow to get a satisfied reading?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Wait so you only need to drill out one? Why not both? Would just one still get enough exhaust flow to get a satisfied reading?
think about it?
if you drill both thats just like putting in youre sensor right on the header without the defoulers. if the bottom one is left undrilled it doesnt let all fumes get to the sensor, then the sensor thinks their is a cat and not saying damn im getting hit by all the fumes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts