Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Pwnt by Hail
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if you break anything in your car.

The switch came from an 07-08 Fit Sport, I believe they used this same switch on other models as well.

Disconnect the negative on your battery.

Pop out and disconnect fog switch, cruise control and sunroof switches. Then move the sunroof switch to either side and reconnect the cruise control switch behind the dash and tuck it somewhere leaving it in the 'ON' position.

Take some snips and cut the bezel so that the S2000 start button and bezel will fit.

Remove the three screws on the cover underneath your steering wheel.
Pop the top half of the steering wheel cover off.

Remove the two screws from the switch.

Disconnect the clip from the back of the switch and then use a screw driver while pulling the switch outward.

Comparison of the Fit and RSX switch.

Connections are also identical.

The connector to my ebay fog light switch and the S2000 start button were identical.

Unclip and pull out wires from the connector. (There were 2 red wires feeding into one single red wire, cut one off and/or tape it off)

Re-Insert Wires as follows:

Black: Ground
Red: Power
Yellow: Switch

Cut the wires for Power and Switch for the next step.

Power wire from S2000 start button -> black/yellow wire on the ignition harness (spliced on).
Cut Black/white wire on ignition harness

Relay connected as follows:

30 -> White Wire on ignition harness (spliced on)
85 -> Switch Wire
86 -> Ground anywhere
87 -> Black/white wire on ignition harness (engine side)

Clean up your wires, finished product will look like this.
If anything is unclear about the S2000 start button install check out: http://www.clubrsx.com/instructions/pdf/S2000starter.pdf

Back to the fog light switch:
Tap two wires into the harness (I used a red and black wire)
Red wire -> old power source from the old fog light switch.
Black wire -> old switch wire (85 on relay).

Relay connected as follows:

30 -> Power Source for fogs
85 -> Switch Wire (in this case the black wire from the new fog light switch harness)
86 -> Ground anywhere
87 -> Blue/Yellow wire (power wire that travels through the firewall back to fog lights)

Thin red wire on the left -> red wire tapped into fog light harness.
Thick red wire on the right -> 30 on fog light relay

Blue/yellow wire -> 87 on fog light relay

Retired Parts

After cleaning up your wires and putting everything back together here's the finished product
Reconnect Battery and enjoy!

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
damn. nice write up.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
+1 rep for you!!! this is perfect now for what I wanted to do!!

is it possible to get the part number for the Fit fog light switch?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
LOL mah bad, I looked up the 2009 model. The switch you linked is for the 07-08. Does the 09 Fit have its own dedicated fog switch?
IDK but in this diagram you can see the fog light switch on it. YOu can also use a Pilot and Ridgeline one also. They are the same.

·
@CRSX.com
664 Posts
niceee write up. will be doing this when I get my fogs :thumbsup:

·
Hawks
5,634 Posts
totally confused how how the fog light switch is wired up. is there anything differant if u have the oem foglights ?

·
Pwnt by Hail
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not sure how the OEM fog lights are setup but if there is a relay like the ebay ones use it should generally be the same setup.

I tapped a red and black wire into the Fit switch and ran the red to a 12V source and the black runs to the relay as mentioned earlier

30 -> Power Source for fogs
85 -> Switch Wire (in this case the black wire from the new fog light switch)
86 -> Ground anywhere
87 -> Blue/Yellow wire (power wire that travels through the firewall back to fog lights)

If the factory setup in total uses 2 12V sources(1 going to the switch and 1 going directly to the relay) then I would assume it would be the same as the ebay one utilizes the blue/yellow wire as well.

·
take off eh
52,723 Posts
wow nice... i may just use this to just do the fog light switch on the turn signal switch

thanks for the write up :thumbsup:

EDIT: question.. can the fogs be on when u have the daytime running lights on? i know u couldnt in the Fit (my buddy had a 08 Fit Sport)

·
Registered
33,987 Posts
dont think its easy until you attempt guys.

u pm'ed me about the diy but sorry i couldn't help out bro. props to u for doing this though. i was confused on attempting this diy back then but was too busy with other stuff.

im still quite confused, did you tap the ebay button wires to the relay then to the switch by using the starter button power?

·
Pwnt by Hail
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow nice... i may just use this to just do the fog light switch on the turn signal switch

thanks for the write up :thumbsup:

EDIT: question.. can the fogs be on when u have the daytime running lights on? i know u couldnt in the Fit (my buddy had a 08 Fit Sport)
I don't have daytime running lights.. but I'm guessing you are referring to the parking lights? If so, yes they can be turned on with the parking lights on.

im still quite confused, did you tap the ebay button wires to the relay then to the switch by using the starter button power?
The Ebay Fogs had a relay, there is a power going directly to the relay and from the relay back to the fogs (blue/yellow wire).. then there is another power source which only comes on when the parking lights are on which go to the new fog light switch then to the relay..

Nice diy I'm gonna b doin this also! How ling did it take u 2 do this?
You should be able to complete this in about 2 hours if everything goes smoothly.. Took me longer because I had to use a multimeter to test continuity and find out that the power wire clip that came with my ebay fogs was not making a good connection..

1 - 20 of 145 Posts