Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Waifu Deluxe
758 Posts
I cannot get the passenger side inner tie rod out. The engine is really blocking me from getting the crescent on it at a good angle going in from the top. I'm not sure if I can get a pipe on it and have room between the tool and steering rack for it to actually turn.

Just asking for a bit more detail on this part for how you did the passenger side.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I cannot get the passenger side inner tie rod out. The engine is really blocking me from getting the crescent on it at a good angle going in from the top. I'm not sure if I can get a pipe on it and have room between the tool and steering rack for it to actually turn.

Just asking for a bit more detail on this part for how you did the passenger side.
Barely seeing this, I'm assuming you've gotten it out by now? I can't remember how I got to it but maybe try from the bottom if you haven't?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I bought a crows foot just for it lol. It came right out with that on an extension.
Sick glad you were able to get it! I think I bought one as well but I don't remember having to use it. Did you have any problems getting an alignment?

·
Waifu Deluxe
758 Posts
Sick glad you were able to get it! I think I bought one as well but I don't remember having to use it. Did you have any problems getting an alignment?
Nope, but I have a performance alignment mechanic do it. I showed him a picture and told him apparently these confuse people and he acted like anyone in their right mind should know how to use them lol.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Nope, but I have a performance alignment mechanic do it. I showed him a picture and told him apparently these confuse people and he acted like anyone in their right mind should know how to use them lol.
Exactly lmao I mean the only thing is that it's a tight fit to get the wrenches on. Did he do it from the top?

·
Waifu Deluxe
758 Posts
I'm honestly not sure lol. I think it might have just moved the ends like normal and not the extended pieces.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts