Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys, i've figured out what i am going to do. JDMs!!! diy of course. which kinda paint should i use? the flat black? glossy black? or glossy dark bronze like the real jdms?

thanks!!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does a flat black look good? like kabe's. and he used flat black. does anyone have pictures of glossy black?

·
Registered
281 Posts
glossy.....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
niiiice. are they're any problems with the glossy? like harder to put back together or what not cause you have to be extra careful with the paint? what is the exact color and brand you guys used? thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
coolbeans :spin: where do you get it? auto zone?

and where do you get silicon? what brand? and is there a special number or whatever? thanks!

·
///M
5,299 Posts
3m silicon and def. the duplicolor clear coat!!!! awesome paint..

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is that the paint sifu posted?

are you guys sure this doesnt void warrenty? i've read and asked about it before. but a friends brother of mine got his voided. i am not sure. i would understand if he went and asked them to fix the light cause of the fog. *shrugs* just making sure.

thanks for all the support and help everyone!

·
///M
5,299 Posts
what find of warrenty do you need for headlights? if it fogs, then you just gotta reseal it :)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ooo nooo, i ment like...just the warrenty in general would be voided? like if i try to go back for an oil change or whatever. ya know?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
nintecninja said:
ooo nooo, i ment like...just the warrenty in general would be voided? like if i try to go back for an oil change or whatever. ya know?
Yes, the warranty on your entire car will be voided if you paint your headlights. :rolleyes:

Semi-Gloss! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
serious?!?! or is that a sarcasam face? lol i am dumb.

so what are all the things i need/should buy to get these done?

1)DupliColor Enamel paint DA1800 Glossy Black
2)silicon
3)?? is the semi-gloss an extra thing to coat it?
anything else?

-van-

·
///M
5,299 Posts
u need 1 bottle of primer, 1 bottle of paint and 1 bottle of top coat.. a tube of silicon and you're set. and maybe some clamps to clamp the headlights while they dry...

btw- alpine was jk.. hhaha... u believed him poop

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh yea thanks :thumbsup:

which brand and codes are for the primer, and bottle of top coat?

1) paint =DupliColor Enamel paint DA1800 Glossy Black
2)? primer
3)?top coat
4)?silicon

thanks!!

no...YOU believed him!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
actually kevin's going to do it and he said he had all the material's except paint. so i'll just worry about the paint. but some info would be nice :spin: thanks again for the help

1 - 20 of 25 Posts