Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok all you need are 3 longish zip ties, most people probably have them laying around anyway.

Step one: remove stock lp frame with a 10mm socket

Step two: flip frame upside down and use the 2 holes that it was bolted to the car with to zip tie it to that black grille type thingy in front of the radiator, you can also put one throught the center hole to make it more secure

Step 3: bolt plate back up to frame and :laughat: at people who paid $50 for this
$.50

$50

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-License-Plate-Re-Locator-P973C329.aspx

if you really wanna make it secure u can probably stick a self tapping screw through that whole in the bottom of the frame too, but I'd rather keep my bumper unmolested at the very slight risk of losing my front plate

Step 4: slap yourself for not realizing this until a day after your friend who is a pro photographer took pics of your car..lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
I was just thinking about doing something lilke this...and now im going to lol. Thanks man. Good Idea

·
Registered
15 Posts
l bracket and screws are cheap but did you drill your bumper?

this diy does not have to drill bumper like most license plate relocations.

btw i just did this right now

the license plate seems slanted. from the your picture i could tell yours is a bit slanted as well.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yeah its a bit slanted

you could get a braket, but then you would need to screw into the bumper

I like this method because it doesnt damage anything

you cant really help the slant due to the shape of the bumper I think

·
she loves it
36,225 Posts
yeah its a bit slanted

you could get a braket, but then you would need to screw into the bumper

I like this method because it doesnt damage anything

you cant really help the slant due to the shape of the bumper I think
mine is at a slant too with the l braces.

·
Registered
434 Posts
genius... pure genius thanks bro my lp is on my window right now as previous owner never had it mounted properly i'll be oding this tomorrow

·
know1edge
2,273 Posts
take the front plate off, keep it behind you on the back floor, and when you see a cop, grab it and put it up by the front window on the dash. Front plate ruins the look. Easy mod.

·
my roots
5,387 Posts
take the front plate off, keep it behind you on the back floor, and when you see a cop, grab it and put it up by the front window on the dash. Front plate ruins the look. Easy mod.
dude, thats not going to pass
i see your from socal, you should know
plate needs to be ON the front bumper

·
Zero Tolerance 4 Retards
809 Posts
I don't understand. Why relocate it? It's ugly in the center...It's ugly on the driver's side...It's ugly on the passenger side. It's just ugly. So why bother moving it to one side?

1 - 20 of 181 Posts