Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Your referring to the differential thrust clearance that I will be checking in order to select this shim (#3) correct? Which I will check once I install the Quaife.

·
mex edition steve
5,132 Posts
:jelly:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

thanks to BigWorm85 for this great DIY.

Just one questions because I rebuild my transmission at the moment:
What about the thickness of the oil plate and the spring washer?
I have to remove the oil plate before I measure everything, but I never have to ad the thickness of oil plate and spring washer?

Thanks for your support!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hello,

thanks to BigWorm85 for this great DIY.

Just one questions because I rebuild my transmission at the moment:
What about the thickness of the oil plate and the spring washer?
I have to remove the oil plate before I measure everything, but I never have to ad the thickness of oil plate and spring washer?

Thanks for your support!
Running across the same question. My calculations are currently off and I am wondering if it is due to these things. I did notice the calculation provided in the DIY and excel sheet subtract .8 off the shaft measurement which makes me think that is the thickness of the spring washer

·
Registered
2 Posts
My measurements also seem to be off and I'm also wondering if it has to do with the oil plate. After completing the process all my measurements called for a 1.53mm shim, but I had no thrust clearance after reassembling and checking with the mainshaft tool. I swapped it out with a 1.26 mm shim had exactly .10 MM thrust clearance. I'm going to measure the oil plate to see if that potentially makes up the difference.

Edit: Spring washer is in fact .80 mm, the oil plate is .66 mm, so still unsure how I went from the 1.53 mm shim to a 1.26 mm shim. I would think I should have needed a smaller shim if the oil plate wasn't taken into consideration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I think I might have figured out my issue, I believe I had the wrong oil guide plate installed that should go under the countershaft bearing instead of the mainshaft oil guide plate.

The oil guide plate shouldn't actually increase the height of the shims when it's installed because it sits down in a small indentation so the oil guide plate is flush with the bottom of the case.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts