Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
iirc the lighting wires going to the cruise control switch are kinda weird.

the red wire with black stripe = variable voltage to control interior light brightness; the voltage will change with adjusting of the dimmer.

another wire.. can't remember what color will show +12 voltage when the tail lights or head lights come on. this is what you can tap into for the fog light switch illumination and the button to go to switch controlling the relay.

if you need more detail i can pull apart my setup later
You said, "red wire with black stripe = variable voltage to control interior light brightness." I looked through all pictures up to page 8 and couldn't find one with this wire. Please point me to it?

Also, did you use this dimmer wire? If so, what did you connect it to? If not...

Anyone got any recommendations? :dontknow:

·
Super Moderator
1,658 Posts
Pull the cruise control switch out and you will see the dimmer wire he is referring to. be sure to test it for proper function before tapping into it though......

·
Registered
353 Posts
Pull the cruise control switch out and you will see the dimmer wire he is referring to. be sure to test it for proper function before tapping into it though......
I tested all the wires with a test light, none of them dimmed with the dimmer. But I hardly ever dim the lights, so I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
this diy guide was so helpful. i got my ebay fogs and the switch melted the first week of using it from the illumination light. ordered an oem switch, soldered the wires and it works perfect now. i joined wires 4 & 5 from the switch because they were both negative

·
Registered
864 Posts
make your own wire harness for the oem honda fog light switch

connector part
04321-SR3-306 CONNECTOR (5P 090 F)

pigtails
04320-SP0-B00 -- red (may or may not be thicker) pack of 10
04320-SP0-A00 -- yellow (may or may not be thinner) pack of 10

that way you can unplug the switch if needed, and it's cleaner

connector picture
It looks to me like the Honda Pilot Connector you have listed comes WITH the pigtails from this site. Can you point me to a link directly to purchase this connector from? Not sure if I'm buying the right thing here...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sooooooo FYI i do have enough stuff left to make Harnesses.

I can make 3, $15 plus $2 Shipping.

First 3 people to PM me get em.

They work PERFECTLY.

Please, have mercy on me lol

I have OEM switch just like you got blue connector on oem switch

I'm willingly to ship you oem switch along with new switch harness IN TRADE of your switch + harness
Or you do service for me???

Can we talk money in PM? :pray:

·
rsxdc5
153 Posts
I'm wanting to put the oem switch on aftermarket projector fogs non eBay. The set is from AutoZone by pilot. It came with a three prong switch with light. Has anyone done this kind of conversion? If so, what wires went where?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just a question. I didnt ground pin 4 at all. My lights turn on. However the green light doesnt illuminate. Would this be because the 4th pin isnt grounded?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well i combined pin 4 and pin 5 to the ground wire from the harness. The foglights turn on, however, the green light doesnt come on. Neither does it come on for my cruise controll

201 - 220 of 243 Posts