Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
See me on REAL guitar.
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought some 02-04 stockies that were painted gunmetal, i want to take this paint off and paint em black. I was going to use metal stripper or even find a type of stripper that owuld be safe on ruber if it were to get in contact with the rubber, they all said not safe on rubber. Anyone have ti[s on how to take the paint off...sand the shit out of it?

·
See me on REAL guitar.
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now that would be a nice bad ass way to do it

·
See me on REAL guitar.
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ust hope it grabs and doesnt show through i guess i'll still sand it pretty good

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Use Acetone and scrub the shit outta it.

·
Blank Member
3,891 Posts
Use Acetone and scrub the shit outta it.
Good plan :thumbsup:
I painted my by using Acetone, then sanding it, then laquer thin spray and towels to clean it. Soon after f21 wheel cleaner and a brush then sanded it with 350 grit or something close to it. Then f21+brush and water again then dried it primed it and hit it with 5 coats of paint. Looks like it was powdercoated after. Also if you want it to stay shiny and easy to clean hit it with a coat or two of clear coat.

·
See me on REAL guitar.
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i want it to look black but not shiny...i guess flat black in a way, i was gonna do it without primer but i guess i should

·
Blank Member
3,891 Posts
i want it to look black but not shiny...i guess flat black in a way, i was gonna do it without primer but i guess i should
I had the rims on my truck flat black. Word from experience I used Dupli-color engine enamel with the primer. It builds better coats that are more heat resistant and chemical resistant to most things you would use to clean an engine let alone anything else. And I'm saying this because I tried the wheel paint before and it flaked off within 2-3 months from the heat coming from my brakes. And if you don't like it shiny just get the flat black and don't do a clear coat :dontknow: Still ends up being very durable and looks good. Also the flat colors dry faster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts