Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok well there were thread about soemone on acurazine. that used a 03-04 accord key and made it work witht the tl so i tried it with the rsx key and everything works.

1. i bought a key from a guy on ebay.
2.i programed the remote to test is it works with the rsx.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=271538&highlight=program+key+alarm
(the trick is to do it really quick)
3. i took a knife and started to cut our rsx key. the transponder is right under the "A" in our keys and its wrapped in a white rubber.
4. well i took out the transponder and used a small flathead to push out the immobilizer chip
5. then i took apart the accord key , and took out the immobilizer taht was in that and i used the little pouch taht it has for the rsx immobilizer.
6. i used a dremel and cut the top of the rsx key to look like the top of the accord key.
7. then i used 5min epoxy to get it to stick the key in there
8. then i just put eveything back toghter.

no you don't have to get ur keys cut just use the one you cut up. all you gotta do is cut off the top of it.
you can ge tthe keys of of this guy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ssPageName=WD1V

i think i'm the only person on clubrsx.com with this key . hehehe

·
All rights reserved
5,138 Posts
Nice work...now to find an accord key.

Does anyone know if the receiver has a place to tap in for a signal when the trunk release is pressed? It would be cool to hook something up to that....

·
Registered
471 Posts
damn not a bad idea man.. not bad at all

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
yea nice key man ill rep ya

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
eheh yea i can but the glueing part i'm still looking for a different option because i don't have much experience with epoxy and its not goin to great. i'm from south jersey

·
canonberry crew holla
22,632 Posts
ondenoantra said:
eheh yea i can but the glueing part i'm still looking for a different option because i don't have much experience with epoxy and its not goin to great. i'm from south jersey
yea i've used epoxy.. i can do that part lol

·
임다니엘
1,674 Posts
Nice job!! I might consider doing this. :thumbsup:

·
parts to make a honda
2,318 Posts
hey where in south jersey? im from SJ, im like 8 min away from deptford if you know where that is.

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
9,078 Posts
looks good!

now what happens with the trunk button?

1 - 20 of 214 Posts