Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
OG Member
21,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If your power door locks have failed, it may be your door actuator. This is a technical replacement but if you can install an intake, you can probably handle this. Difficulty would be 7/10 because of small spaces and fragile components. I assume you already know how to take off the door panel so I will start from there:

Parts to be replaced #5 or #26 from the diagram:

(go to acuraautomotiveparts.org for it)

Tools: whatever you have!!

Take out these three bolts here:

Remove the plastic film covering the door:

***be sure to unhook all the electrical plugs at this point***

Take out those two metal "sticks" which connect to the door handle from the inside (also unhook the brown wire):

There is another screw (not shown in the pic) you need to take out and another bolt to take out:

Here is the bolt:

Remove the metal piece which holds the window in place out so you can pull out the whole door lock assembly:

Remove the screw in the middle and carefully pull out the top metal piece (you can try using pliers but it might break off the plastic thangs):

This particular piece will come off under the white plastic piece under the metal cover. BE CAREFUL HERE!

·
OG Member
21,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the door actuator by unclipping those two clips. Becareful again not to break the white peices or you won't be able to hold the new actuator:

You are now done. Put everything back together in reverse order!!

Note: There is a black plastic cover piece which holds the door lock knob. Locate it and remove the plastic clips (looks like bumper clips) from the door and take it out. It holds to the whole assembly but can be taken out easily.

·
Æœñ
1,097 Posts
dam I am having that problem but just the driver door will not lock or unlock. it is like the little door lock piece that you push or pull to lock or unlock the door moves but only a hair it looks like it is have a hard time like it is stuck but I can push it up and down with ease. do you think that will fix it cus sometime very very rarely will it lock when I arm the car or unlock that is very rare.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Also need the pictures for the DIY. Thanks!!

·
Hustle real hard
1,879 Posts
Pictures!!!

Man that was a pain in the ASS!!!! Finally got it done! Sorry I didn't take any pictures, my dad was helping me out and I did not think about snapping some photos. If anybody needs help doing this, PM me. I'll try my best to help you out!

·
MO bounce per ounce!
54 Posts
Both of mine went out on me! I guess this happens to alot of other people. Whats the best place to buy these?

·
MO bounce per ounce!
54 Posts
Pics! we need pics! I'll do this right after my headlights!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks to the writeup!
My passenger door had trouble with the remote locking, at first it would only unlock the third time I pressed the unlock button, then eventually I had to lock and unlock the door by hand.

I replaced the actuator like in this guide and it works perfect again, apparently its somewhat common.

The dealership quoted me $318CAD to replace it so I just bought the part for $114CAD and did it myself.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts