Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...

I've tried searching, but can't find it :(

I'm trying to replace my H4 bulb for my 02 headlight, the stock bulbs are so garbage it feels like I'm driving a car without lights when it's raining.

I'm not going to bother with HID retrofit just yet, have a lot of other bills to pay (and a ring, and a home to think about) so I'm just going to replace them with higher output halogens for now.

Can someone walk me through how to do it?

Mucho gracias ^_^

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
remove wire plug
remove rubber surround
fiddle with the wire spring clip by pushing it down or in, I forget
remove bulb

replace bulb
close wire spring
put rubber surround back on
install wire plug

fin
Nice! It's that easy? I never looked, just wanted a guide before I started. Thought I had to remove the battery/smth complicated.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's just that simple. it took me a few tries to get the wire spring off. it's actually on a hinge, just need to figure out which way to move it.

I might make a DIY for this on the upcoming Thanksgiving break if you want to wait for it.
Thank you very much :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought and installed 9003, HB2 Sylvania halogen lights ($40) and it really does make a difference in the quality of light projected from your headlights. The old headlights were very dim and at times it seemed like there was no light coming from my headlights. At night in medium to heavy rain the only thing keeping me from crashing were city lights and other vehicle's illumination. They cost from a range of about 20-50 dollars. If your lights need replacement these are a good option.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I just bought and installed 9003, HB2 Sylvania halogen lights ($40) and it really does make a difference in the quality of light projected from your headlights. The old headlights were very dim and at times it seemed like there was no light coming from my headlights. At night in medium to heavy rain the only thing keeping me from crashing were city lights and other vehicle's illumination. They cost from a range of about 20-50 dollars. If your lights need replacement these are a good option.
Just get some h.i.d. 's
If you want to notice the difference .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts