Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
sigh
12,700 Posts
You know I've never seen this before. Every other writeup said to just use zip ties. The upside down look is very clean. The boot is the whole reason I haven't gone with an A/M knob.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah. It fits in the groove and is tight enough to hold up the grommet but lets you pull it up and down to adjust the height. If you get a smaller diameter grommet that holds itself up, you might not need the zip tie.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So what would it look like without the top grommet? Is the hole in the boot too big for the shifter or does it just make it more "finished"?

·
Epic
5,620 Posts
I'm sorry for bringing this thing back from the dead, but I got some questions concerning the setup for an aftermarket shift knob. I'm looking to get the Voodoo shift knob. I realize that the threads are compatible(otherwise I wouldn't get it), but my true question regards the "flush" look. I really don't want the shift rod showing. I've heard that the shift adapter doesn't work with the Voodoo knob. My question is would a grommet/zip tie combination on the shift rod itself hold the shift boot up to the Voodoo knob. Like no adapter or anything. Just the knob screwed onto the threads and then having the shift boot held up to the knob as close as possible with a grommet and zip tie. Any help regarding this subject would be appreciated. I'm really concerned about compatibility and the "flush" look before I go ahead and purchase the knob.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The grommet will hold the shift boot up if you use the stock collar. I'm not sure how it'd look without the other grommet between the collar and shift knob. How flush it would fit depends on the shape of the shift knob.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Friction. It won't pop out unless you trim too much off.

·
REV HIGH DRIVE HAPPY
9,290 Posts
I cut a hole in a plastic twist off cap from a soda bottle and stuck it on with the flat side up. works like a charm
nice diy can you post a pic:thumbsup:

·
OH SHIT! It's Dr. Tran!
465 Posts
I just used the rubber bushing on the stock intake box. It works really well too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
When I put my voodoo knob on a bit ago... I put a piece of tygon clear tubing under the boot to hold it up against the shift knob....

Pushed it down as far as it would go on the shifter, then trimmed the top to hold the gromlet tight against the shift knob.....

Took all of 5 minutes to do.....

21 - 40 of 43 Posts