Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
nice schematic dustin. I hope that also helps for some.. i was just showing everyone simple solutions to wiring them up how ever they want. alot of people don't really understand wiring and all.. and you wouldn't believe how many people i got saying i was wrong and that they would blow fuses then only to have them to try option 3 and then say they like it and had no problems at all.
my intentions were to help everyone out
yeah im not saying that my schematic is the simplest or most cost effective method, but if someone actually was having issues with #3 then my schematic would do the same thing.

I looked at the rsx wiring schematic to figure out why #3 works. The turn signals are already running off a relay. So when they are in the "off" position the hot wire is essentially ground.... There is still a bulb in the middle so i dont completely get why it doesnt light up with the side marker as the current would have to go through the bulb to get to ground.

As for the parking lights, they are running off the tail light relay.

The only problem i can see is it seems they would short each other out when both the parking lights are on and the turn signals are on... I suppose the side marker bulb acts as a "resistor" and keeps them from shorting out...

but im done trying to analyze this circuit and i will be running mine the way you have it unless i keep blowing fuses. lol

thanks for the good info

·
DC5 Junkie
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
yeah im not saying that my schematic is the simplest or most cost effective method, but if someone actually was having issues with #3 then my schematic would do the same thing.

I looked at the rsx wiring schematic to figure out why #3 works. The turn signals are already running off a relay. So when they are in the "off" position the hot wire is essentially ground.... There is still a bulb in the middle so i dont completely get why it doesnt light up with the side marker as the current would have to go through the bulb to get to ground.

As for the parking lights, they are running off the tail light relay.

The only problem i can see is it seems they would short each other out when both the parking lights are on and the turn signals are on... I suppose the side marker bulb acts as a "resistor" and keeps them from shorting out...

but im done trying to analyze this circuit and i will be running mine the way you have it unless i keep blowing fuses. lol

thanks for the good info

your welcome.. mine are hooked up light #3 and i haven't blown any fuses and its been like 5 months now

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ok so I'm doing this tomorrow or tonight but witch is the hot on both the parking and turning signal? The red yellow and green for the turning I'm assuming not the black ones right.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Got them in, and working... I got that heat shrinking straws.. Looks real clean. Way faster than I expected. Thanks alot for all the diy and time put in.

·
Registered
530 Posts
sidemarker

I just got done wiring the sidemarkers with my turn signals to light up with my turn signals and also as a parking light. I also changed the functionality of my turn signals to work as parking lights or DRL. The sidemarkers function as turn signals as well along with the turn signals up front. I used a dual relay system up front for this whole wiring job. All the lights work perfectly with no hyperflash or issues. Just takes time and some beers if that's your thing :thumbsup:

Will post pics up soon as soon as I put in my newly retrofitted headlights I just got done last night. Complete PITA. :deadhorse

·
DC5 Junkie
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I just got done wiring the sidemarkers with my turn signals to light up with my turn signals and also as a parking light. I also changed the functionality of my turn signals to work as parking lights or DRL. The sidemarkers function as turn signals as well along with the turn signals up front. I used a dual relay system up front for this whole wiring job. All the lights work perfectly with no hyperflash or issues. Just takes time and some beers if that's your thing :thumbsup:

Will post pics up soon as soon as I put in my newly retrofitted headlights I just got done last night. Complete PITA. :deadhorse

nice work.. i bet it was a pain... thats why i choose to show the simplist ways :thumbsup:

·
DC5 Junkie
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Question on the 3rd diagram. Do you need to use the blue wire tap on the positive wire of the turn signal and splice it to the negative wire of the parking light?
you dont put any wire to any negative in this diagram..

just a blue tap on the positives of both signal and park light and to the side marker, no splice

in the diagram you will see the red wire from the side marker (which if you look has a black square coming out of the side marker is the negative of the side marker) going to the red wire ( which is the positive of the turn signal). both wires from the side markers are going to the positive wires of the signal and park light..

hope this helps..

·
DC5 Junkie
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
on diagram 3, you're not cutting the end off the positive parking light wire right? everything is just spliced together? those short ends with nothing attached are confusing.
you splice the side markers + and - into both positive wires of both turn signal bulb and park light...

I think the short ends you are referring to is the main harness going to both turn and park bulbs..

Is this really that confusing if so i will redo the diagrams..

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I wired mine up so the parking light is on and for turn signal. Every time the fuse blows. I also have my fogs wired to the parking light too. What can I do?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

21 - 40 of 52 Posts