Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
DC5 Junkie
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I wired mine up so the parking light is on and for turn signal. Every time the fuse blows. I also have my fogs wired to the parking light too. What can I do?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
the fogs are draw to much current and blowing your fuse... you need to run fogs off a separate circuit or run them off the park circuit with a relay to the park circuit to turn them on but not to power them..

·
Registered
737 Posts
i tried this method the parking light and the turn signals are working like how urs is in the video, but when i turn on my hazard, it stops flashing, like completely, not even my normal signals are flashing, it works fine again if i turn off the hazard, did i blow my hazard fuse? anyone know a solution to this plz let me know thx.. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
i tried this method the parking light and the turn signals are working like how urs is in the video, but when i turn on my hazard, it stops flashing, like completely, not even my normal signals are flashing, it works fine again if i turn off the hazard, did i blow my hazard fuse? anyone know a solution to this plz let me know thx.. :)
Nvm.. It was a blown fuse i just replaced it and everything works now.. Thank you :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
My side markers were originally wired to the second diagram. However I always wanted it like the third diagram. So I used the third diagram and it worked :) only thing was that I had to flip my led's.

·
DC5 Junkie
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
My side markers were originally wired to the second diagram. However I always wanted it like the third diagram. So I used the third diagram and it worked :) only thing was that I had to flip my led's.
WOW this thread is still up? awesome. I sold my rsx 2 years ago. got a S2000 now. I never ran LEDs I just ran silver star bulbs.

glad to see this is still helping people.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, I searched for side marker installs and for different wiring diagrams and never really came across anything concrete so I made my own DIY.

Things you will need:
1. a test light to know which wires are + or -
2. some wire tap connectors... like these

If you don't have type R fenders and want to learn about cutting your fenders go to this link:

DIY JDM sidemarkers complete installation guide with pics

In the first diagram: This is how you wire your side marker to function only with the park lights. It will not come on when the signal or hazards are engaged.

In the second diagram: This is how you wire the side marker to function only as a turn signal/hazard light. It will not come on when the park lights are engaged.

In the third diagram: This is how you wire the side marker to function as a park light and signal light/hazard light. The side markers will come on with the park lights, signal lights and hazards.

And a video of mine:

I want to know if the side marker connected to negative parklight and positive signal light

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, I searched for side marker installs and for different wiring diagrams and never really came across anything concrete so I made my own DIY.

Things you will need:
1. a test light to know which wires are + or -
2. some wire tap connectors... like these

If you don't have type R fenders and want to learn about cutting your fenders go to this link:

DIY JDM sidemarkers complete installation guide with pics

In the first diagram: This is how you wire your side marker to function only with the park lights. It will not come on when the signal or hazards are engaged.

In the second diagram: This is how you wire the side marker to function only as a turn signal/hazard light. It will not come on when the park lights are engaged.

In the third diagram: This is how you wire the side marker to function as a park light and signal light/hazard light. The side markers will come on with the park lights, signal lights and hazards.

And a video of mine:

This is not working on my 04 rsx

41 - 52 of 52 Posts