Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
used some high temp silicon sealant that I'm using for my shift mechanism and it works wonders. My car still stinks of vinegar and this was over a week ago but we have been getting murdered with rain and so far so good.

·
Bluestar
52 Posts
i found my leak to be on the driver side where the light meets the frame, ran some clear sealent along the seam to the bottom,wiped off excess sealent. and no more leak, eff buying them foam gaskets that dryrot in 6 months. plus if you need to get the lights off its not glued just run a razor blade along the seam and there you go, took 45 mins tops:giggity:

·
seouljahone
160 Posts
did this too worked great! i actually just went to acura and got the new seals with the adhesive back. I just ended up drilling a tiny hole on the bottom of my headlight to drain and evaporate the water, it worked flawlessly

·
Registered
246 Posts
I went on the acuraoem site and they only have the gasket for 02-04 years. It shouldn't matter for the 05-06 years, the gasket should still fit right?
I bought them from my dealer for 05-06. I would just get the right gaskets and call it a day.

Installed these back on last night. Here are the parts that I bought from the dealer.

06335-S6M-305, Gasket kit R, $11.05
06336-S6M-305, Gasket kit L, $11.05

Like someone said earlier, these are the new gaskets with the adhesive backing. The old gasket used to be the same part for Left and Right.

Don't know if it's going to work but we'll see with time.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
i used some blue water resistant silicone. i cleaned the old gaskets and applied the silicone around the marked areas. this mod was maybe 2 months ago. i havent had problems since.

·
Killing Time Cult
1,456 Posts

·
SnakeEyes Zilla FTW
1,200 Posts
I replaced my gaskets with the craft foam (had a lot of it) cut it to size. it was a bit thinner that what was originally there. But I had also purchased clear silicone caulk, and used that to seal off the areas that were giving me problems on the original gaskets.

After that I used some more of the caulk and did this, and haven't seen a drop of water in the past 4 months.

(used the silicone to seal up the holes, creating a channel for the water to run right out.)

Drivers side

Passenger side

·
Killing Time Cult
1,456 Posts
I replaced my gaskets with the craft foam (had a lot of it) cut it to size. it was a bit thinner that what was originally there. But I had also purchased clear silicone caulk, and used that to seal off the areas that were giving me problems on the original gaskets.

After that I used some more of the caulk and did this, and haven't seen a drop of water in the past 4 months.

(used the silicone to seal up the holes, creating a channel for the water to run right out.)

Drivers side

Passenger side
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

·
SnakeEyes Zilla FTW
1,200 Posts
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that
Say that when your trunk starts sloshing, and you wanted to put subs and amp in the tire well. I'd rather be safe then sorry, and its not like you can see anything when the trunk is closed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
just take off the taillights, cleaned them, use silicone on the marks and before it dries put it back on the taillight, then do the other one. put taillights back together. its easy.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
this question has been asked but i still do not understand the response.

where EXACTLY do i silicone the lights? my trunk smells like a swamp and i hate it..

silicone goes where? if anyone can include a very detailed description, i haven't taken my taillights or bumper off so please be specific.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
this question has been asked but i still do not understand the response.

where EXACTLY do i silicone the lights? my trunk smells like a swamp and i hate it..

silicone goes where? if anyone can include a very detailed description, i haven't taken my taillights or bumper off so please be specific.
maybe you should do that then..one you take em off youl'll figure it out..theres also pictures at the top of the page of extra silicone usage

181 - 200 of 350 Posts