Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

341 - 350 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks

Thanks much for this DIY really helped me a lot. It's my first time removing and installing taillights and I did it all by myself :hb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Seems every RSX owner has had to do this at one point in time... lol
I'll be doing mine when the snow melts, and it dries up a bit.
Bad Honda design. Also,
1st car i have ever owned that i needed to remove bumpers to change or remove head lights, or tail lights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got those gaskets a few months back and just installed them the other day. Mine still had the original gaskets which were stuck on the taillight. The Foam ripped when I removed it. They don't have adhesive, you just remove the old gaskets and replace them with these. They're much thicker and the holes lined up perfectly. I'd say they're a great buy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got those gaskets a few months back and just installed them the other day. Mine still had the original gaskets which were stuck on the material ripped when I removed it. They don't have adhesive, you just remove the old gaskets and replace them with these. They're much thicker and the holes lined up perfectly. I'd say they're a great buy.
I went with OEM. Working great so far. I also had the original gaskets which were falling apart

·
Registered
100 Posts
After doing mine, for extra protection, i added a piece of clear gorilla tape over the gap between the body and tail light. I tested it with a bucket of water, now the water runs straight over the gap without falling between the body and light housing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After doing mine, for extra protection, i added a piece of clear gorilla tape over the gap between the body and tail light. I tested it with a bucket of water, now the water runs straight over the gap without falling between the body and light housing.
Good thinking!

341 - 350 of 350 Posts