Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 350 Posts

·
AcurAanimal
352 Posts
yea i had the same problem, i didnt feel like ordering a new gasket.. so i just took out the tail lights and on the old gasket you can see where it presses against the car. and i just put some cock(idk how to spell it) around the taillight gasket and no leaks since

cost like 3 dollars =)

·
Don't hate the Russian
1,395 Posts
and quick correction... you dont HAVE to order 2 gaskets.. you can order one.... They say minimum of 2 if you want to fix both gaskets... i only ordered one

·
At work.
2,081 Posts
dude you are the man this is incredible.

hell i havent done anything with cars my entire life and just got an '05 RSX as my first car not even a month ago.

noticed the huge assed pool of water and found your thread and it works.

if i could do it anyone can.

i was able to order the gaskets for my '05 too its just a different part number the one part is A51 instead of A11 or whatever.

thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wonderful thread!

I bought a Certified Pre-Owned '06 Type-S 2 months ago and found water under the spare tire today.

Back to the dealership it goes!

·
Dirtboydel
1,876 Posts
Damn I dont want to do all that haha, great thread. I have a towel hanging out in the back. I thought it was because I didnt clean the snow off my car or something stupid like that. damn car.

Nice DIY.

·

304 Posts
I just did this today; thanks for posting it. I'm also thinking of taping up the area where water runs behind the taillight, just to make sure this doesn't happen again. What a mission to replace these.

·
Srs Biz Inquiries Only
5,036 Posts
I've got this problem and now have rust...does Acura have a recall on this issue?

21 - 40 of 350 Posts