Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 350 Posts

·
DeeSheeFivu
72 Posts
My god damn gaskets broke again after less than a year...what a pain in the ass
Well one year is better than a few months! I installed these a few months back, first rain here in Norcal and the damn left gasket leaked again! The right seems to be holding though. I'll be taking some silicone to seal the gap between the taillight assembly and the chassis. What a waste of money...

·
oops.
365 Posts
you can always just drill a small hole on the trunk and just spray it with epoxy primer so it wont rust. problem solved and no need to strip the rear end of the car. easy fix when your broke like me

·
Registered
246 Posts
^^truth..i did this as an extra to adding my own gaskets that i cut out of foam i bought at walmart for $1.00

but clearly people like spending more money than they have to on things..hence why everyone buys mugen shit when the only difference is $40 and 2-3 weeks extra for shipping cause it comes from Japan
Can you post a pic of where you drilled the hole? I can't get all the water out of my taillights. They've been sitting for two days now in my living room. May need to drill a hole and drain before I reinstall.

·
oops.
365 Posts
i drilled a hole at the lowest point in the trunk where the hook is for the spare tire in that little groove. you dont have a drill a hole to drain it if you have access to a shop-vac. thats what i did until i had enough and put a hole. or just a shit load of towels. i wouldnt leave the water in there very long either because atleast where i live when i got hot out the water would smell a little and it would feel like a sauna in the car.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Can you post a pic of where you drilled the hole? I can't get all the water out of my taillights. They've been sitting for two days now in my living room. May need to drill a hole and drain before I reinstall.
i drilled a small hole w/ my dremel in each corner of the light...the pointy side

i drilled a hole at the lowest point in the trunk where the hook is for the spare tire in that little groove. you dont have a drill a hole to drain it if you have access to a shop-vac. thats what i did until i had enough and put a hole. or just a shit load of towels. i wouldnt leave the water in there very long either because atleast where i live when i got hot out the water would smell a little and it would feel like a sauna in the car.
he's talking about getting the water out of his lights not the trunk..

·
oops.
365 Posts
i drilled a small hole w/ my dremel in each corner of the light...the pointy side

he's talking about getting the water out of his lights not the trunk..
oh i thought u meant the trunk. well ya you can just drill a hole on the light also ive done that to a few of my buddies cars with aftermarket lights. just make it as small as possible to alow air to flow and becareful not to crack it and your good. nobody will notice a tiny hole either unless you point it out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I drilled the hole today. It's super small and can't be seen from the lens side. I finally drained all the water out and am now waiting for the drops to dry out. Then I can finally put on the new gaskets I just bought. Thanks for the help with the drain hole location.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Installed these back on last night. Here are the parts that I bought from the dealer.

06335-S6M-305, Gasket kit R, $11.05
06336-S6M-305, Gasket kit L, $11.05

Like someone said earlier, these are the new gaskets with the adhesive backing. The old gasket used to be the same part for Left and Right.

Don't know if it's going to work but we'll see with time.

·
Gatoman
815 Posts
im getting water inside my acutal taillights, im thinking of getting the water out and put sealant or should i do this instead?? :)

·
oops.
365 Posts
i would just drill a tiny hole i mean as small as possible as close to the bottom of the light as possible to get rid of the water and just leave it. having that hole there will allow it to have air flow and stay dry. i did this to my old ricer tail lights on my civic and never had water in there again. but its up to you

·
Gatoman
815 Posts
will the 02-04 gaskets fit the 06 lights? i cant seem to find the specific 06 gasket, sorry if its a stupid question?

·
Registered
246 Posts
will the 02-04 gaskets fit the 06 lights? i cant seem to find the specific 06 gasket, sorry if its a stupid question?
Installed these back on last night. Here are the parts that I bought from the dealer.

06335-S6M-305, Gasket kit R, $11.05
06336-S6M-305, Gasket kit L, $11.05

Like someone said earlier, these are the new gaskets with the adhesive backing. The old gasket used to be the same part for Left and Right.

Don't know if it's going to work but we'll see with time.
Why can't you find the right parts? Here are the numbers. I would say it wouldn't fit because even before these new parts came out, they were different model numbers. I just ordered them from the dealer so I know they are out there.

·
Gatoman
815 Posts
Why can't you find the right parts? Here are the numbers. I would say it wouldn't fit because even before these new parts came out, they were different model numbers. I just ordered them from the dealer so I know they are out there.

:dontknow: im looking at acuraoemparts.com and cant find it, maybe im stupid? lol you said you bought it from the dealer 11.05 each? i live in south lofrida i hope there the same price :eek:

·
oh hai there!1!!
113 Posts
for some people that could not get their tail lights off, you could also go to homedepo or advance and buy a small tube of clear sylicone and apply it to the gap around the lights
haha funny that you mention this :) i have been having this problem like all of us and need to fix it asap so the audio portion of my car can continue underway. Just today i took my tail lights off and removed the old gaskets, but instead of buying new ones, i siliconed them back into place and basically closed any of the small holes that had been created. i'm letting the silicone dry now... i'll get back with you all to let ya know if the "cheaper" solution works :)

·
At work.
2,081 Posts
:dontknow: im looking at acuraoemparts.com and cant find it, maybe im stupid? lol you said you bought it from the dealer 11.05 each? i live in south lofrida i hope there the same price :eek:
that website is a goldmine but its tough to find stuff...did someone say theres new ones with adhesive?? cool.

·
Registered
666 Posts
hey guys im thinking bout trying this out because my trunk sometimes gets some water in it... Will this stop the tailights from getting water in them as well? It annoys the hell out of me, and i really dnt wanna drill a tiny hole in the bottom of the light...

141 - 160 of 350 Posts