Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Sparta Killa DC5
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of this lip is meant basically to protect the bottom of lips and add a bit of form to the car. Basically both function and form.

Materials needed:
-Home depot Garage Door bottom Seal aprox $10.

-2x double sided 3m tape 1inch wide aprox 10 feet.

-clean cotton towel

- a bit of rubbing alcohol. (I used water)

1. Clean the bottom of the lip with the cotton towel etc. If there are major scratches underneath Sand paper 400-600 grid and smooth it out.

2. Apply the 3m tape to the garage door seal. Apply a lot of pressure with fingers. Do not cut the door seal lip or take off the tape. Grab the cotton towel make sure it's clean and with pressure run it down the tape that you have applied on the lip. This will cause the tape to attach on the garage door seal well.

3. Get ready to apply the garage door seal on to the car lip. (Good idea to lift up the car enough to work under the lip.

4. (NOTE)When applying the garage door seal apply to the bottom edge of the lip. Take off the red strip off the garage door seal but not all of it. Meaning as you apply the garage door seal on to the car's lip take of as you go.

5. (Optional) on the edges you can put in a small stainless steel screw. Don't have to unless it doesn't want to stick.

6. Run your fingers down the new DIY lip and apply a lot of pressure!! Make sure it sticks there good. What I did so my fingers your slide easy I used the cotton towel sprayed a bit of water and ran it down across with a lot of pressure. It's been close to 2 months and it's still on there.

If you guys like to add any info lmk.

·
Sparta Killa DC5
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Southside Hitman
8,771 Posts
:lolza: and whats the function of it? those type-r stickers are a bigger bowl of rice though..

edit: just saw you have a k20a i guess it isnt that much rice haha

·
Sparta Killa DC5
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lolza: and whats the function of it? those type-r stickers are a bigger bowl of rice though..

edit: just saw you have a k20a i guess it isnt that much rice haha
Yup k20a son. Stickers where placed after swap. Not much rice there since it's all oem.

·
Sparta Killa DC5
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Sparta Killa DC5
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good diy eff them haters..I scrape my lip everytime I get out of my house this will be helpful
Yup yup!
I mainly got it to protect my lip. I'm repainting it soon so u bet it will have the home depot lip on it!!

·
Sparta Killa DC5
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Sparta Killa DC5
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:snap:

haha just reliased it had 02-04 headlights mixed with 05-06 bumper. cool shit haha

cool diy btw, reminds me of the volvo lip
Haha thats what cen-cal does lol we do unique shit and make it look dope!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.