Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wel my second gear has been pissing m off. wenever i switch from 1st to second its crunches and yea not a good feeling. is there a step by step guide on changing fluids. and also i heard that honda came out ith a new fluid is this true? and what is it called?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=413831&highlight=DIY+tranny+fluid
(easily found in a search.... :rolleyes: )

It's pretty straightforward... just like an oil change only the fill bolt is on the side and you'd be best off to go to Wal-Mart and get a funnel with the tube. Also, I did not remove my tire to do this... Wasn't necessary.

Yes there is a new fluid, I think its called sHeOaNrDcAh.

(also easily found in a search. It's in the upper right corner just below Private Messages and a little to the left)

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
when should you replace tranny fluid? im coming up on 44k with "stock" fluids.
whenever your owners manual tells you to.

I did mine at 65K was sposed to be done at 60K I saw no problems... then again I Got my car at 57K so I don't know when it was changed before that.

Some people do it every 30K miles. :dontknow:

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
i just changed my tranny fluid today, and it's like a whole new car. I used the new Honda MTF and it shifts so much more smoothly, and both of my tranny quirks, the occasional grind and 3rd gear wall are both gone. I just passed 50k btw

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The Helms service manual says replace MTF at 120k/6yrs under normal conditions and 60k/3yrs under severe conditions. I would do it at least every 60k.

·
speed demon
87 Posts
tranny fluid

i changed mine at 15k with synchromesh synthetic and have had no problems and i have 57k on car now!

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
After you have figured out where it's located, you really don't need to jack the car up. Fortunately my garage has a drop as soon as you exit so I just crawl underneath and do it that way. Hand pump the fluid in from the top and all is good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.