Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
It tastes like BURNING!!!
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's not really as extreme as my engine covers, and it's not really Type-R, but I did do it myself.

First of all, thanks to ERA RSX TypeS for the motivation, and thanks to my friend Margot for getting me the needles, and finding the thread.

It tooke me probably 8-10 hours to do. The thing that took so long was that the thread was pretty thin, so I had to run 3 lengths of thread at a time.

It was all pretty self explanatory on how to take everything apart and figure out how to do the sewing. If you have any questions let me know.

All I need to do now is get a blacklight for inside the car... and find out where to mount it. Ah well. All in time. :)

Here are the pix. The ones with a blacklight are the one that I'm holding above it. I don't have one inside yet.

Attachments

·
vanilla sex.
1,316 Posts
That's cool, for a second I thought you had a light inside the boot.

I'll pass on this mod, I'm pretty sure I can't sew for shit.

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
Now, that's an original, or another one I should say!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
what the problem is ?
3,875 Posts
ariec said:
That's cool, for a second I thought you had a light inside the boot.

I'll pass on this mod, I'm pretty sure I can't sew for shit.
everyone can sew, i did it, it's easy as 1,2,3...
u just need motivation :laughing:
or abt $50 to get a JDM one, if u want to have one :thumbsup:

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heheheh, Thanks! It doesn't look absurd during the day, so its not too ricey. Until I get the neon lights. Buahahahahah. :laughing: But my pseudo-theme for this and some of my other mods is kind of like "rice at the flip of a switch". ;)

Anyway, onto the other pictures... here's one of after I took the middle part out. You can see how the boot is attached with staples.

Incidentally, does anyone know why attaching a file isn't displaying it by itself?

Attachments

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The boot unstapled:

Attachments

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pseudo-closeup on the threads... They're really not that hard to take out. The threads that you see that I've changed don't actually hold the boot together at all. There are three threads per seam on the boot... 2 are decorative, 1 actually holds it together. If you use a thread puller to get the decorative ones out, it makes things a LOT simpler... My roomate had one, so I used it, and it ruled.

Attachments

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the final product, inside out.

Attachments

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hahahah... people always notice the weirdest shit in pictures. :) I gotta get a picture of my skydiving jumpsuit... then you guys will understand. :)

Mikey - I'll do yours, but you gotta put "Motab's Kickass Shift Boot Mod" in ur mod list in ur sig. ;)

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does anyone know a good place to get neon blacklites for inside the car? I saw two streetglow 6" bulbs on www.buyneonlights.com for $40... which isn't too bad, but if anyone knew of a different brand or retailer, that'd be kewl.

Anyone used the Streeglow accent neon stuff? I wanna put some inside my car. Just wondering if it was easy to wire and whatnot, or if people knew of other brands.

·
Registered
979 Posts
damn nice wat thread did u use im sure i could do this as i have 2 industrial sewing machines in my house including a mero lol..

My mom sews alot shes a seamstress for 15 years

just shoot me a good idea to wat thread to use something like urs or maybe blue hmmm i like blue he he

·
THE Elitist Douchebag
5,423 Posts
i have an idea for you... i think....

this MIGHT work, just something i thought i'd throw out. You know that dim red light thats above your cup holder? Why dont u get a strong black photon light, and maybe try to see if it will work if u fit it there? just a suggestion. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts