Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing my install of the 06 tsx cams and i wanted to know if i have to adjust the valve lash???

·
Banned
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would the car turn on and drive with out doing it?

That way i can take it to my nearest shop?

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,225 Posts
depends.

valve lash that is too big will be noisy and reduce performance but won't hurt the engine short term.

valve lash that is too small has the potential to hold the valve partially open during the combustion cycle. that equals burned valves and a head rebuild.

·
Banned
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
lntake: 0.21-0.25mm (0.008 - 0.010in.)
Exhaust: 0.25-0.29mm (0.010 - 0.011in.)

These are the OEM specs for the k20a2 motors with a2 cams. Would it be the same for the z1 motor with TSX cams?

Also it says between those numbers, but whats the best to set it at in that range?

Also thanks for the help and the quick replies.

·
master lurker
57 Posts
I'm doing a rebuild on my K20Z1, and have the same question as Dc5Asm. (Seeing as most K series are the same) Is it best to set the lash on either end of the stock specs, or just anywhere in that range would be the relatively the same?

Thanks in advance!

·
0 Posts
I'm doing a rebuild on my K20Z1, and have the same question as Dc5Asm. (Seeing as most K series are the same) Is it best to set the lash on either end of the stock specs, or just anywhere in that range would be the relatively the same?

Thanks in advance!
I always set the lash on the tight end of the spec range.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts

Thanks in advance!
the tighter the more horsepower and the looser the more torque. It isn't a lot but that is your guide.

·
master lurker
57 Posts
Believe it or not, that actually helps quite a bit. I'd actually heard through the grapevine that the tighter the lash, the more horsepower. Now I have a better idea...

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
just make it tight enough so you can barely pull the feeler gauge out, but not to tight lol :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts