Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My car sucks!
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im getting ready to have my greddy turbo installed and as im making the appointment the guy says that i'll need a new clutch and flywheel. He told me that the stock will go out within a month, is this true? Im going to have the FMIC and BOV installed but only running at the stock psi for the kit. Is he just trying to sell me a product or do I really need those two parts. He also tried to sell me a 3 inch piping with N1 muffler and h/f cat for $1150.00. I know this seems a bit expensive so should i just buy a 3 inch exhaust with h/f cat. What are the pros and cons of a manufactured exhaust system and custom.

·
2008 Project?
2,985 Posts
type-s_driver said:
So im getting ready to have my greddy turbo installed and as im making the appointment the guy says that i'll need a new clutch and flywheel. He told me that the stock will go out within a month, is this true? Im going to have the FMIC and BOV installed but only running at the stock psi for the kit. Is he just trying to sell me a product or do I really need those two parts. He also tried to sell me a 3 inch piping with N1 muffler and h/f cat for $1150.00. I know this seems a bit expensive so should i just buy a 3 inch exhaust with h/f cat. What are the pros and cons of a manufactured exhaust system and custom.

well depends on how u drive. and how many miles on ur stock clutch. thats a rip off on the 3inch exhaust and muffler,

u cant really buy a good FI exhaust manufactured atm so u have to get a custom one

·
My car sucks!
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jsimon9633 said:
well depends on how u drive. and how many miles on ur stock clutch. thats a rip off on the 3inch exhaust and muffler,

u cant really buy a good FI exhaust manufactured atm so u have to get a custom one
I have under 30,000 miles on it, what about the thermal 3 inch isn't that a good FI exhaust

·
Royale with cheese.
487 Posts
yes

·
Teamxxxracing.com
167 Posts
type-s_driver said:
a stock clutch in good condition should last more than that.
mine last me 10 months
a 3" exhaust is always good but for that price they are nuts
a 3" thermal exhaust only cost $ 500.
good luck....

·
2008 Project?
2,985 Posts
type-s_driver said:
I have under 30,000 miles on it, what about the thermal 3 inch isn't that a good FI exhaust
i hear it aint that great cause its gets smaller when it gets to the muffler

to be honest i have a magnaflow cat back (which everyone says is very restrictive) and im getting 290whp with my turbo.

i say wait til they get better manufactured 3 inch exhausts.

·
Teamxxxracing.com
167 Posts
jsimon9633 said:
i hear it aint that great cause its gets smaller when it gets to the muffler

to be honest i have a magnaflow cat back (which everyone says is very restrictive) and im getting 290whp with my turbo.

i say wait til they get better manufactured 3 inch exhausts.
thermal is a full 3" exhaust and for 500 dollars no argument here.

·
Registered
727 Posts
jsimon9633 said:
well i was hearing that its 3inch til it gets to the muffler than it goes down to like 2. something but of course i dont have it so not sure, just heard about it.
Whoever said that is wrong
It does look like it gets smaller at the end ( just cause it doesnt have the huge canon look right at the muffler) but if you measure it, its still 3 "
Here is a pic of it
And people, please dont PM me with a bunch of questions about the exhaust,,, i'm about to sum it all up! (dont mean to be a dick, but I get like 3000 PM's about it)
Yes, its worth it
Yes its louder than some other exhaust like my old EVO, but its not racey or overly loud
yes, it does give gains ( almost 20 whp in my case) dyno proven(just do a search on my previous posts)
yes, it does sit extremely close to your underbody

Attachments

·
Teamxxxracing.com
167 Posts
zulusTypeS said:
Whoever said that is wrong
It does look like it gets smaller at the end ( just cause it doesnt have the huge canon look right at the muffler) but if you measure it, its still 3 "
Here is a pic of it
And people, please dont PM me with a bunch of questions about the exhaust,,, i'm about to sum it all up! (dont mean to be a dick, but I get like 3000 PM's about it)
Yes, its worth it
Yes its louder than some other exhaust like my old EVO, but its not racey or overly loud
yes, it does give gains ( almost 20 whp in my case) dyno proven(just do a search on my previous posts)
yes, it does sit extremely close to your underbody
wow 20 whp :thumbsup:

·
Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
hey i sent you a pm about the thermal....just a few ?'s i wanted answered. j/k. :laughing:

You say its louder than the evo :eek: . The evo was a loud ass exhaust, i couldnt imagine it being louder.

Seriously, was that 20whp gained over stock? or over the evo? was the evo diameter 2.5" (same as my comptech)? and that gain is just with the 3" exhaust or do you have a 3" downpipe also? I was wanting to do 3" from the turbo back, but it would cost me a fortune. Just needing to know if a 3" would be worth it because the downpipe is only 2.5".

EDIT: sorry after some searching i found that it was over the 2.5" evo. Hmm...i think i hear a 3" exhaust in my future. thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Racing with the stock clutch will burn it out pretty fast. I'd say a month as well. But it also depends on how hard you drive your car daily. With more racing the sooner the clutch will go out. And if you get a new clutch, you'd also need to re-surface the flywheel, and instead of blowing some money on that, throw in a little bit more $$ and buy a new flywheel!

For your exhaust, never go big to small. This creates backpressure, and is in no way good for your car. Go the same size to same size, or small to big. And yes 3" does yield better gains in FI and turbo spools up faster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.