Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
There are two screws underneath the headlight housing that you will need to remove. They are a bitch to get to, but if you have a screwdriver or socket set with a LONG extension, you should be able to get them off. Just crawl underneath the rear bumper and you should be able to see where they're at.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I didn't use a long screwdriver, and I got mine off. Just squeeze your arm around the exhaust and whatever is on the other side of the car, and you'll be fine. It's just really hard to get the screws back in place.

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
you don't have to take off the bumper, just use a socket with a long extenson go under, and unscrew the 2 screws underneath the lights. I didnt know they were there and i was like wtf it won't come off, smart brother checked underneath.

·
Registered
27 Posts
noslenwerd said:
i did it without taking it off.... you need a screwdriver with a long shaft though.. haha.. shaft

please tell me it isnt for altezzas
what's wrong with Altezzas?

o just bought a pair- don't tell me that!

·
Registered
741 Posts
don't worry about people flaming you...if you like them, get them. That's what I did. I think they have more of an agressive look and actually get more compliments with them than when I redded out my tail lights.

I think its dumb when people always say that's rice and stuff like that. Kind of played out and least you don't have to get people's opinons and approval. It kind of defeats the purpose of you fixing up your car for appearance than others deciding for you.

·
28,750 Posts
chongga's got a point, and the term rice is WAY to overused. However, if you do get altezza's make sure they have lots of silicone to seal it up.

·
Registered
792 Posts
th3professional said:
what's wrong with Altezzas?

o just bought a pair- don't tell me that!
i hope you're joking

I can picture you rolling now.

no wait, that's everyone else on the floor- laughing.

man I hate that ROFLMAO. i've yet to see someone actually do this.

do it!

STOCK > altezzas

·
tie - coorz
1,245 Posts
people flame because it is chrome on chrome on red....on car. just the red/white combo is much cleaner, hence why we dont put a billion stickers on our cars and call it our altezza car......fuck im hungover

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Honestly,

It would be a good idea to remove the rear bumper. Only because you could accidentally scratch it trying to remove the lights. Better to be safe than sorry :thumbsup:

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
its easy to remove anyways

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
crazy said:
chongga's got a point, and the term rice is WAY to overused. However, if you do get altezza's make sure they have lots of silicone to seal it up.
:iamwiths:

every pair of altezza's are gonna fog up and get condensation in them..there's just no way of avoiding them.

Personally, I think the crome altezza's on red, black, blue, silver whatever all look absolutely horrible and make your $20,000 car look cheap.

A silver RSX here in town has the gunmetal/CF altezza tailights, and I actually don't mind those all that too much.

·
OG Member
10,979 Posts
noslenwerd said:
ill admit it, i had CF altezzas on my car when it was black.. looked good i thought

they melted/cracked and fogged up after a few monthsthough lol

lol yah... i had custom flat black altezzas way back in the day.... like summer 2002.

but like you, they fogged up and now they collect dust in my garage.... and i think a spider moved in to one of them :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts