Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do I need Valve adjustment???

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  rensoyka 
#1 ·
as the title says..
this is on an 05 type-S.
about 3 months ago i was driving on the interstate and accidently mis-shifted from 6th to 3rd and my RPM went waaay up to about 9500rpm for about 2 seconds.
ever since then, my ivtec just doesnt seem to pull as hard as it used to. i dont know if im just used to the car now or what, but my butt-dyno says it feels a loss of power.
the car idles fine and everything else, and i dont think i hear any pinging going on, just doesnt seem to pull as hard and when i turn off the car since this happend, it kinda rumbles a little, instead of just cutting off smooth and straight like it used to..
ive been trying to find the specs for doing a valve adjustment on this engine(its a k20z1, right??) but i even called acura and kept getting voicemails..
i want to do it myself, ive done a valve lash on a b18b a few time so im pretty familar with the procedur, but i dont know which arm of the feeler gauge to use(ie. .024mm?), and im pretty sure you start with piston #1, then 3, 4, 2, cranking the engine 90 degress after each adjustment?

HELP PLEASE!!:dontknow:

See less See more
#16 ·
if i were you , i would
1) learn how to drive a car with a manual transmission
(your best bet is Gran Turismo, just go to the section where you choose AUTO or MANUAL)or (you could go to your local arcade and play cruisin world only you wouldnt have a clutch but you could guess)
2) not tell anyone how i have no educated down shifting ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.