Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
///M
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, make a long story short, my mechanic said he built be a custom turbo kit but he never told me any sort of info from where it came from or anything like that.. it was always "dont worry about it" well, the revhard kit looks pretty damn similar to me... what would u guys say?

my kit.....

the only thing i dont understand it that i needed to buy a smaller battery or reloacte the stock one, which the revhard one doesnt need.. thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
looks about the same. My em2 is just like that. But I was thinking last night that if you relocate the battery you can get the filter further away from the engne and get seom colder air.

·
///M
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vesa2.0T said:
after seeing your setup in another thread that's the first thing that came to mind. I was wondering if you had the revhard kit.

do you have pics of ur revahrd kit? id like to see... there are some similarities but also some differences... :confused:

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
aznbeayst said:
do you have pics of ur revahrd kit? id like to see... there are some similarities but also some differences... :confused:
Well there are only so many different manifolds out there unless you custom make one...if he used the rev-hard manifold then that portion of the kit would obviously look similar...

What are you worried about? That he supposedly built a cutsom kit but instead just installed a rev-hard kit?

·
///M
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not worried, i just would like to know if this asshole mechanic (who took $5000 for motor build and ran) really built be a custom kit or not, because if it were revhard's kit, i would like to credit them and not claim that its "custom"

·
RSX BOY
807 Posts
lol

aznbeayst said:
im not worried, i just would like to know if this asshole mechanic (who took $5000 for motor build and ran) really built be a custom kit or not, because if it were revhard's kit, i would like to credit them and not claim that its "custom"
lol, looks like quite a few parts are from the revhard kit..... :eek:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
looks alot like my kit ill post up pics...and old style rev hard piping on my car..i had to cutt the battery tray...to make pipes fit so idk if he did that or just said relocate your battery

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
has anyone notice about the battery? how his is moved and all?

·
Registered
823 Posts
aznbeayst said:
From what I see in the above picture the piping is a lot different than mine. In the other thread the picture was at a different angle. I haven't seen any kits like yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts