Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard a lot of people talking about having a supercharger and a turbo all in one car. Does this actually exist? How is it possible? Im not planning nor looking at doing this I was just curious since Ive heard many people talk about it. Im sure it would be very expensive and there are other better things to look at.

·
Registered
398 Posts
yes there is a such thing. is it worth the money? hardly. here's a pic of a rb26dett (gtr engine) that is both supercharged and turboed. your welcome :wavey:

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
They use it to improve low end response before the large turbochargers begin to boost.

If having that much more power in a certain engine speed is important to you, I'd say do it. But in general for people like us, no.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much boost would both together put out?

·
Registered
398 Posts
that is all subjective. If you dont have strong internals like the skyline engine, i doubt that the engine would be able to hold the stress for long. I would say low boost for both applications.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
completely pointless. first off, it's called twincharging. u generally feed the turbo into the supercharger. it's pointless because u could properly tune a turbo for cheaper, just use a small and large turbo in sequence.

here's a link for a corolla twincharge ( i used to drive a corolla, and wanted to do it until i realized how pointless it was)

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/lane/1231/twincharging.html

btw, HKS used to sell a twincharge kit for a corolla, but tehy quit production, so this is the hard way to do it. if u can find a kit, it'd be a little easier, not having to piece everything together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts