Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Class of 1986
9,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you put yellow bulbs in your high-beams and drive around with them on??
Almost every fixed up DC2 and DC5 on the street has these things on all the time.

Its really annoying, please stop. :shakehead

·
Banned
8,155 Posts
I do, but I don't really have a choice.
DRLs ftw.
Wish we had that in the US.

Well 3K's are much more livable to see in an oncoming car than 5K's. I had 3's then went to 5's recently (and I have an extra new set for sale).

They definetly illuminate more, also because the 5's I have are 100W rather than 65. I put the yellows in a friends Accord, and yes, he drives with them on.

Only time I had them on was fog (yellows dont reflect) and when its really dark, oncoming cars are far away and no street lights.

·
return of the infamous...
59,168 Posts
:coffee:

·
Ambulance Driver
903 Posts
Not me.. I have 6500 HID's, the highbeams are actually worse then regular lights now.

·
High beams on in the day really isn't an issue with 3k bulbs, 65 watt, since the sunlight seems to shine brighter IMO

·
Class of 1986
9,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh you guys are such bullshitters, I know at least 10 of the 12 responses have those bulbs installed and you drive around with them on.

Yellow fogs dont bug anyone, the light is aimed low so it looks pretty cool. But even though its daytime, the high beams still distract too much. I wouldnt say they blind me, theyre just too bright.

Same thing goes for OEM DRL's. Who ever thought of that should be shot.

·
Class of 1986
9,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You live in NOVA.

I live in Los Angeles County. Home of the CLEANEST Hondas, Ricers, and JDM fan bois.

·
I thought this got locked :confused:

I drive with mine on the highway only when I am leading a caravan on the highway for meets and the track. Usually makes people move out the way because of it. But daily, I use my parking lights and only turn on my HID's when its getting dark or when it rains.

OEM DRL's are just a waste. I've seen so many people constantly replace their bulbs with those since its always running

·
k_ha
44,089 Posts
i use my highbeams when they need to be used, i have a db7 and my highs are yellow. it contrast much better with the 6k HID, they aim slightly higher with no cutoff so its perfect for backroads, no point in doing so on a busy street or highway, the light output just shines on street signs and other peoples rear view mirrors

·
k_ha
44,089 Posts
the truth is, yellow highbeams are LESS blinding than unaimed ricey HID's in reflector housing headlights that aren't made for HIDs AHEMMMMMMMMMMMMM hahahahaha

1 - 20 of 66 Posts