Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
iSauce- Tons of it 4vr
35,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had mine a month and half or so and I have just sprayed and hand washed a few times. There is a detail shop up from me that has its own car washes and there brushes are like a leathery material I assumed all brushes gave scratches and swirl marks anyone in here use em or do we all wash by hand

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would never use a brush on my car! Only a lambskin washmit has touched my car's surface! I would never even use one of those touchless car washes:shakehea:

I always wash by hand and use my own soap, Zaino all the way baby!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
I'm very protective, nobody touches the paint except me... and the bodyshop if they need to repaint. :)

From the old car... dealers put swirls in it, car washes put swirls in it, bad products, sexy highschool carwash girls
"No.. you can't wash the car, just let me park here and you two can turn the hoses on each other" :laughing:

They all put swirls in. Eventually you either accept it, or you go nuts and buy expensive products and hand wash all the time.

·
iSauce- Tons of it 4vr
35,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sexy highschool carwash girls
"No.. you can't wash the car, just let me park here and you two can turn the hoses on each other" :laughing:

[/B][/QUOTE]

:thumbsup: I like that idea as well

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
redlinemedical said:

See, this is what I mean....this is a classic example Frosty. Funny, hey speedfactor, you from Toronto? :laughing:
so harsh redline . . . . but i get it . . .

he likes his RSX - and ill bet he does the same thing re: RSX baby !

anyways - point observed . . .

:wavey:

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I nailed a racoon awhile back... and my car was smelling like burgers for a few days from it's meat being smeared all over the bottom of my engine..

so I went to my local coin-op and used their brush to get it's remains off :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
redlinemedical said:
See, this is what I mean....this is a classic example Frosty. Funny, hey speedfactor, you from Toronto? :laughing:
Nope not Toronto, I am from the actual center of Canada, Winnipeg! :laughing: Mind you I am in Toronto quite a bit throughout the year. I love the Zaino products, they are great, the results are amazing and the effort to get them is almost none.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
hehe centre of Canada.

well. i guess you can say that - seeing as Toronto is the centre of the universe . . .:wavey:

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
redlinemedical said:

:laughing: As soon as I saw that comment I knew you were going to say something.
Yeah... I've noticed it, but what can you do. If he thinks Zaino rocks, he can say it whenever and wherever he wants.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do you know where that car wash brush has been? Scrubbing the gravel out of old Uncle Ned's truck tires or cleaning out the truck bed, more than likely. If you want to scratch your paint use the car wash brush, gas station car wash or let the highschool girls wash it. I was even told by a detailer that some of the wash mits will scratch if there is soap residue left on it to dry. He said you might as well pick up a handful of sand and wash your car with it.:D

·
Premium Member
21,129 Posts
thepigpen said:
I nailed a racoon awhile back... and my car was smelling like burgers for a few days from it's meat being smeared all over the bottom of my engine..

so I went to my local coin-op and used their brush to get it's remains off :)
thats pretty sick chubbs.

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Like a pressure washer?
You have to be careful, since they can push dirt into the clearcoat with the force they have. It can make swirls... but they'd be straight swirls. Spiderwebs? Is that the term used for a straight clearcoat mark?

I initially rinse the car with a very light spray, then go over it again with a little harder one, but nothing like a pressure wash.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Boar's hair brush

The only brush I'd ever use is a boar's hair brush. They're $80 each from Griot's! They say it's the best thing to use on your car, even better than a wool mitt (it's super soft unlike any brush you've ever seen). My buddy got one for his Porsche and swore by it. I'd get one except for the cost. I just use my 'ol wool mitt, and replace it ever year or so.

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
TypeSFanatik said:
I have had mine a month and half or so and I have just sprayed and hand washed a few times. There is a detail shop up from me that has its own car washes and there brushes are like a leathery material I assumed all brushes gave scratches and swirl marks anyone in here use em or do we all wash by hand
A couple years ago, I decided I was going to go to the DIY place for carwashes in the winter (can't do it in the driveway when it's 5 degrees F outside). When it finally got warm enough, I went out to the driveway and gave her a good scrubbing. When I was done I noticed there were scratches everywhere! Whoa man was I pissed. Luckily, I was able to buff out most of them but it took almost a whole weekend to do it.

I'll never do that again. Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to wash it by hand inside those DIY places. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
DIY

My friend Mike takes his own stuff and just uses their space and water. All you need is space, heat and a hose...bring your own bucket, mitts, etc...

·
Registered
90 Posts
The DIY place I go has super soft brushes. As for the grit that may be in the bristles, I put the brush in the brush rack, and give it a good shot with the power sprayer, then I run my hand through it just to make sure that it is clear. So far, it seems to work perfectly, I will probably invest in my own mit though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts