Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I am not a senior member.
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if you guys pay tolls when you go on the highway and are on your bike? I have gone through a few without paying but have not gotten any tickets does anyone else have any experience with this?

·
Registered
18,567 Posts
if your plate sits far back enough they wont catch you, but theres a few i know that get a toll tag.. and then theres others who dont care and run it anyways

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
the few times i rode my bike down to the jersey shore.... garden state parkway- 35 cents about 20 tolls... i would pull up and pick up the change from the ground and throw it in. lol.

Scott just got stuck in an easypass lane w/o easypass-- in his ep- and they sent him a 35 dollar tic. so i don't thinks it's worth it if u get caught. and if there is cop hanging by the toll booth and pulls u over -- it will ruin your whole day.

·
fix-a-flat
1,079 Posts
When I first got my bike, I got a picture in the mail of me leaving an EZPass lane. I had a tag on the bike, but the spot I mounted it wasn't working so well (my pocket lol). Ultimately, I got an external tag (one that would bolt to the front license plate on a car) and tie wrapped it to the front of the bike, under the headlight ( think cruiser...). Works well there.

but yea like anima said, pay your tolls. If there's automated plate-reading equipment in the lane, it will probably catch you. I would also discourage attempting to hide your plate from the cameras, as that can make you a target of the five-o. :stop:

Reactions: anima

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
That's why my plate flips underneith, so unless you are on top of my rear wheel, looking up, you can't read it. :laughing:

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
actually if u drive all the way in the left side of the lane or all the way to the ride side of the lane supposedly it doesnt catch you. The sensor is straight in the middle (up here anyways) if it doesnt see u go thru how will it taky our picture. Or reach back with ur hand and block the plate lol

Reactions: anima

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
actually if u drive all the way in the left side of the lane or all the way to the ride side of the lane supposedly it doesnt catch you. The sensor is straight in the middle (up here anyways) if it doesnt see u go thru how will it taky our picture. Or reach back with ur hand and block the plate lol
:shady: riding b/w lanes ftw.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
I avoid toll roads like GSP and NJTP. The few times I did take the GSP I hated stopping and taking my money out. I'm considering bring the tag with me, but i'm not sure if EZ-Pass lets you register a bike.

·
fix-a-flat
1,079 Posts
but i'm not sure if EZ-Pass lets you register a bike.
E-Z Pass is available for bikes. The Port Authority and MTA crossings even have cheaper rates for bikes, as long as you have an account with NJ or NY E-Z Pass.
I got an account with Maryland (to avoid the $1 monthly fee charged by NJ/NY) so my bike gets hit with car fares :firemad:

·
when in rome
18,627 Posts
they will get your tag and send you a ticket after you do it 3 times. money in the bank for them.

·
whatttt?
6,018 Posts
what, i hit vtec and it blows the whole damn toll station away.

wait, this is a motorcycle forum

uhh...ill be stepping out now

bai guyz :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts