Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a custom turbo kit with a t3t4 turbo, log style manifold, delta waste gate, dump pipe, down pipe, greddy type s BOV, RC 440cc injectors, Apexi S-AFC, spearco intercooler and a greddy profec b E01. My question is...Will I be fine with just 440 injectors and a safc to tune it with or do i absolutely need a FMU or upgraded fuel pump.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one knows???? I think i might be fine....GReddy's doin it.

EDIT: 1000th post :drink:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
You don't need an FMU or an upgraded fuel pump to "tune it". The safc is fine to take and add fuel. But you will need a piggy back like Black Magic or E-manage so you can hide boost from your ECU otherwise it wont run right.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have that on my car. A custom chip. Sorry i forgot to add that. So i should be fine with the 440 and safc? up to what psi will i be safe at?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why's that?

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
punkdrum4ever1 said:
I already have that on my car. A custom chip. Sorry i forgot to add that. So i should be fine with the 440 and safc? up to what psi will i be safe at?
Well, what type of "chip" are you using? :nervous:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wunluv said:
Well, what type of "chip" are you using? :nervous:
Supposedly its a chip that acts like the missing link but a little better. It doesnt have have pretuning i guess you could call it of the black magic or e-manage.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
punkdrum4ever1 said:
Supposedly its a chip that acts like the missing link but a little better. It doesnt have have pretuning i guess you could call it of the black magic or e-manage.
I hate to be a pessimist, but I don't think that's going to work. Missing link has been tried without Black Magic in the past, and the ECU basically said, "What, did you think it's going to be that easy?"

But try it and see for yourself I guess. Make sure you have an A/F and boost gauge to monitor what's going on. And start saving for a piggy back. ;)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wunluv said:
I hate to be a pessimist, but I don't think that's going to work. Missing link has been tried without Black Magic in the past, and the ECU basically said, "What, did you think it's going to be that easy?"

But try it and see for yourself I guess. Make sure you have an A/F and boost gauge to monitor what's going on. And start saving for a piggy back. ;)
I know the chip will work. I bought this kit used. The persons SN on here is rsxturbo1. What I was wondering is that if I will have enough fuel with just the 440cc Injectors and the S-AFC to turn them up or down. How much psi do you think I can go to and still be safe without having to upgrade my fuel pump or add a FMU. I know the FMU is a bitch to install thats why im trying to find out.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
punkdrum4ever1 said:
I know the chip will work. I bought this kit used. The persons SN on here is rsxturbo1. What I was wondering is that if I will have enough fuel with just the 440cc Injectors and the S-AFC to turn them up or down. How much psi do you think I can go to and still be safe without having to upgrade my fuel pump or add a FMU. I know the FMU is a bitch to install thats why im trying to find out.
You should be good up to 7-9 or so psi without having to upgrade the pump or add an FMU with the 440's. But just monitor carefully while you're testing it out. I am a little sceptical about this no-name "chip", but I hope it all works out for you. FMU is not that hard to install, if you have one, I see no harm in using it.

I dont remember a user named rsxturbo1 on here. Was his kit the exact kit you're running now? Was he using an FMU or upgraded pump?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He was using a FMU but he had stock injectors. I have a Jackson Racing FMU off a supercharger but its only good to 5 or 6 psi so i was going to change out the disc if i have to use it. How is a fmu not hard to hook up? what do you have to do? i know our cars have a returnless fuel system which makes it difficult.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
hmmm around 2k for a put together turbo kit, or spend the money for a CN kit and KNOW its going to work, and be safe ;) Just messing with ya!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
HAHA. Shut up mike. I turned my car on last night. Threw a CEL 2 minutes into it. Im thinking it might be the Random Tech High flow cat. Im going to try to get a hold of the problem and see if thats it. Good thing is no leaks in the oil lines or coolants lines. I havent hit boost yet. Im waiting till i put the injectors in.

EDIT: What other codes can you throw with boost?

·
Registered
115 Posts
im running 440s on my custom set up, and it'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how much psi are you running?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
It could be your MAP sensor that you tapped into, or your IAT(intake air temp) that you spliced, or your AF wire on the ECU that you cut.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im gonna take it to pep boys, or advanced and get it scanned with a with a obdII scanner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts