Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On some roads that are uneven my car's stock tires tend to pull on the steering wheel left or right and I gotta keep my hands tight on the steering wheel so I dont let the tires take control and I crash.. but this is only one some roads that are bump/uneven.. BUT on my last 2 crappy cars I didn't have this problem at all.. which I think hardly any cars do.. but my car does :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
there's a couple things that can come in to play...road crown and also bad tires can cause you to have a "radial pull" where as you're alignment numbers will be perfect but still have a pull. sounds like you're mostly talking about road crown, which is only normal.

·
Registered
436 Posts
everyone is telling you yes and no but not why. anyway the answer to your problem is yes, that is normal. its called bump steer and it sucks especially when you're togueing in the mountains that have some harsh roads. bump steer is common among most cars but non as much as the DC5. the old integras and s2k's don't have as much of of problem with this because the suspension on the rsx changed in 2001 to front mcpherson struts. the old tegs and s2ks all use double wish bones. i can't go into too much as to why the bump steer affects one than the other so much but thats the main reason why, the mcpherson struts. i remember several people who love the rsx when it came out constantly complained about two main things: bad tires and bad bump steer.

·
Its time...
629 Posts
happens to me when the road is really bad. like indented roads where the tiremark parts of the road is inward instead of even.

·
I'll never fall in line
2,069 Posts
My car pulls on a lot of roads, mainly because the tires and suspension are sensitive to road conditions. Road crown as mentioned earlier is an issue and well flat out Michigan roads suck. At first I thought my alignment was bad, but it was just road conditions that caused the pulling of the car.

1,493 Posts
of course your tires pull when you hit bumps, they track with the bumps usually :p

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
i just got rid of my stock tires for some high performance summer tires. It helps alot but still does it.

To any one who knows: would going to an after market, stiffer suspension help? Possibly mugen ss?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts