Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Jester of Tortuga
59,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had an eye exam saturday. After the doctor and I left the exam room, I asked her how do people get doctor's notes for dark tint. She said, usually a patient will have light sensitive eyes and the doctor will write a note for the patient. The patient would then bring it to the DMV and keep it in the car.

It turns out that she said I had light sensitive eyes. She is pretty cool and said she would write me a note. I already have 35 on my windows except for my windshield. 50 on the front and 35 on the back windows are the legal percentages in louisiana. Now, I am thinking I will go darker all around and tint my windshield. I talked to a cop friend of mine and he said as long as I bring the note to the dmv and keep it in my car I should be fine.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this?

Lance

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
hey that sounds pretty cool. does it hurt? like that "ahh, its so bright i have to squint" kinda feeling? anyway, i think it should work, you talked to your friend (which is a cop) so why wouldnt it? its like for people going blind to smoke marjana. (cant figure how to spell it haha)

·
Registered
823 Posts
laws change in every state, here by the the DMV you may only have clear sunscreening with a medical excuse.. Pa is a very very strict state though... meaning the clear sunscreening is blocking out bright UV light.

·
Jester of Tortuga
59,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it really doesn't hurt. Just causes a little bit of squinting. Yea, I think it should work in Louisiana. We aren't too strict down here. The friend cop I was talking to does detail at my work. He used to be over the traffic division and is now sergent or what not. He says it will work.

I've heard rumours of people with this and they say when they get pulled over they just give the cop the note and then the cop checks the license w/dmv records and then lets the person off.

I just wanted to see if anyone can confirm it. I'll probably be getting a pretty dark tint job in the next few weeks.

Lance

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
LanceM said:
why is it lame? If it helps me drive better, I don't see how it can be lame?

Lance
tinting the whole front window? Or just the top strip? Tinting the whole windshield is dumb but if its just the top strip its ok..Oh yea..I have 6% all around except the front windshield which is the same. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
If you do tint the whole front just dont go too dark, because you wont be able to see anything at night. Trust me, I have 6% and I have to roll my windows down just to parallel and reverse. So just warning u now not to go too dark in the front or you might have to stick out ur head out the window while your driving at night..Hahahah

·
Jester of Tortuga
59,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea.. I dont think I will get it too dark. Lowest probably 35. I have a friend who had his whole sport track limo even the windshield and he hit a parked car. He stripped it and went lighter on the windshield.

Lance

·
oxnard, ca
555 Posts
ya i talked to my optometrist here in cali before and she said she would write me a note also.... she never gave it to me though.... haha... if i asked her again i would get one for sure, just wasnt too dedicated last time.. i talked to a cop and tint places before too, and they said i would be able to get away with tickets if i carried the note in my car at all times..

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I would go 45 maybe 50 at most with the windshield... at night I need to roll down my windows in residential areas to make sure I don't turn into and hit a ped...

But go 20 for the rest! Damn, I've got astigmatism in my eye and makes it harder for night driving till I got my tint, I should head to my doctors and get me a note!

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
nintecninja said:
hey that sounds pretty cool. does it hurt? like that "ahh, its so bright i have to squint" kinda feeling? anyway, i think it should work, you talked to your friend (which is a cop) so why wouldnt it? its like for people going blind to smoke marjana. (cant figure how to spell it haha)
marjana :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
marijuana

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Ricochet48 said:
One of my friends is getting a doctors note for this too. It's great if you want some tint :thumbsup:

i honestly cant see shit when its really bright out. i cant keep my eyes open because it hurts. its a lot worse in the mornings if i just woke up, so i may talk to my opt. about this.

·
Jester of Tortuga
59,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would. I didnt even tell her that my eyes hurt in the light. We were in the dark exam room. She had most of the lights off and had one of those little flash light thingys. When she put it near my eye to exam, she noticed my eye's reaction.

Lance

·
Registered
49 Posts
My brother has an '02 lightning that he has illegal tint on (we live in alaska, not sure what the percentages are). He used to get pulled over all the time for his tint and then he'd get busted for not having a front plate etc etc. After getting two citations for tint and no front plate he contested the tint one. He went to his optometrist and the doc wrote him a note, no questions asked. The judge excused the ticket after seeing the note so my bro just keeps it in his glove box. I've been with him when hes been pulled over and its ALWAYS for tint! The cops always get really pissy when they read his note, but hey it works.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts