Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
fat chicks FTL
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to find a part-time job before school starts, and came across a merchandiser for Pepsi Co. ....the only prob i have with it is that it requires my car...does anybody know someone who works at Pepsi co. as a merchandiser or know what the daily routine would consist of?

·
made of particles
11,438 Posts
i think as a merchandiser im pretty sure you just have to go to the stores on your list and make sure they have displays of your shit and that they have enough ordered and shit. sometimes you prolly gotta build/refill displays. but you probably wont be transporting the stuff in your pv.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
You need a car.. because you will be driving to stores and markets.. and organizing their soda and shit.. Most of the time you won't be carrying stuff since the truck drivers and sales will be delivering all the hardware/products.

Mom worked sales manager for Coca-Cola for over 16 years. Just got laid off recently. I worked in the warehouse late shift for a summer.. I lost like 20 lb's in a summer it was scary. Pay was good, not doing it again unless I have to.

My bro was a merchandiser.. but he would just hog rides off truck drivers / sales people unless he really had to drive.. You're gonna be waking yo ass mad early haha.. most of the time you have to get it all done in the morning or night!

Daily Routine.. stacking soda in a certain way so they don't fall apart.. Putting up signs/marketing stuff.. If it's superbowl season, you'll prob end up inflating those giant footballs.. setting up nice displays. Most of the stuff is pretty straight forward.. all in books/guidelines.. No problem if you can take shit from the businesses and do what you're told (like every other job)

Hope this helps?
It's actually a decent summer job imo.

·
I fight for the SYSTEM
18,623 Posts
i think as a merchandiser im pretty sure you just have to go to the stores on your list and make sure they have displays of your shit and that they have enough ordered and shit. sometimes you prolly gotta build/refill displays. but you probably wont be transporting the stuff in your pv.
yeah you will end up bringing shit with your personal car, not huge stuff but ads, samples, etc; we have salesmen all the time from coke, pepsi, food distributors, cleaning svc's etc comb by

·
Always Brave
67,135 Posts
i'm trying to find a part-time job before school starts, and came across a merchandiser for Pepsi Co. ....the only prob i have with it is that it requires my car...does anybody know someone who works at Pepsi co. as a merchandiser or know what the daily routine would consist of?
I know someone who works for coke, what he does is go to the stores and set up the displays with the soda that the truck driver drops off. He drives his car.

·
Beware the Eggplant
16,632 Posts

·
Casual Scum
2,108 Posts
I didn't know they had a merchandiser. We just get the rep in and he does everything from signage to ordering and returns.

He still brings us Game Fuel. Yeah boy.

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
The Pepsi guys are always assholes. Coke guys are nice.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I worked for coke doing merchandising a long time ago. I lasted 1 week lmao. Not only were the hours crappy, but it was so unbelieveably boring. You literally just stack coke products.

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
Usually you go to the cooler to fix the area that you "own". Then the owner or whatever can place an order for stuff that they need.

·
Banned
9,722 Posts
PM Hawkbizkit...

·
fat chicks FTL
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I worked for coke doing merchandising a long time ago. I lasted 1 week lmao. Not only were the hours crappy, but it was so unbelieveably boring. You literally just stack coke products.
ok....so was the work hard at all? and will i be doing any heavy ass lifting? if its easy and boring... i think i'll do it... and how many hours did they give u/pay rate? and is it stressful?

i'm looking for a couple hours on the weekend

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
I had a friend who was a merchandiser for Budweiser. He drove his own car to different stores that were on his route. Unloaded pallets and stocked coolers and display cases. He said it sucked and quit after 3 months.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts