Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Always Brave
67,135 Posts
ok....so was the work hard at all? and will i be doing any heavy ass lifting? if its easy and boring... i think i'll do it... and how many hours did they give u/pay rate? and is it stressful?

i'm looking for a couple hours on the weekend
it'll be during the week iirc.
it's lifting cases of soda and making displays.

you're not gonna pick your nose for $28/hr that's for sure.

·
fat chicks FTL
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
it'll be during the week iirc.
it's lifting cases of soda and making displays.

you're not gonna pick your nose for $28/hr that's for sure.

lol i know that....but i was just wondering since i'm a skinny dude...but if its the same routine... i'm cool with it

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
ok....so was the work hard at all? and will i be doing any heavy ass lifting? if its easy and boring... i think i'll do it... and how many hours did they give u/pay rate? and is it stressful?

i'm looking for a couple hours on the weekend
Why would you have to lift shit? You go to the cooler, see if all your spots are filled, if not, fill it. Get orders.

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
lol i know that....but i was just wondering since i'm a skinny dude...but if its the same routine... i'm cool with it
Skinny guys have to open up a 12 pack of soda, and stack the cans individualy. Best be hitting the gym homie, them 12 packs are like 5lbs. Can you imagine lifting 5lbs all day long? I know the 12 packs have handles and all, but jesus h christ, thats 5 fuckin pounds!

·
Banned
5,599 Posts
i'm trying to find a part-time job before school starts, and came across a merchandiser for Pepsi Co. ....the only prob i have with it is that it requires my car...does anybody know someone who works at Pepsi co. as a merchandiser or know what the daily routine would consist of?
I was a merchandiser (beer and wine distributor) for 3 years before I became a driver. Its an easy gig. For my company, we would just start our day at a store, and from then go from store to store, breaking down loads, filling shelves, and building displays. Usually 4-6 stops a day. I dont know if Pepsi would have you go to the warehouse/office first and punch in, then head to your store, or not. We just phoned in our hours at the end of our day (which was rad when i would get smashed on Friday nites and couldnt get my ass to work Saturday morning until I was 2 hours late lol) and reported our mileage driven in between stores so they could pay us mileage. Sometimes, if its a non delivery day for a particular store, you will will just go through the backstock and fill and face up shelves. Its not bad work for a short time. And I kept at it just because my benefits were really good and my route was cake, plus I wanted to get into delivery. Now I drive this bad boy everyday and deliver kegs to thirsty Portlanders.

·
_PiLF
11,861 Posts
Do not work for Pepsi. Soda companies are a bitch when it comes to merchandising. Hard work, long hours and you get screwed over constantly. I worked for Coca-Cola as a merchandiser.

You get about 5-6 stores a day. You use your car to drive to each store. Some times the stores are 5 miles apart, sometimes they're 40+. On certain days stores get loads, which means the Pepsi delivery truck drops product off there and it's your job to downstack it and organize it in your backstock. In the warehouse (backroom) of each grocery store there are certain sections for each distributor, this is your back stock.

Basically, you just walk in the store. Write down a list of what you need, usually a lot when it comes to soda. Wheel it out to the floor and start filling shelves. On certain days you also need to build displays, rotate product and sometimes even have to re-organize your entire backstock.

The pay is alright for a job that requires no experience but there's a reason for that. The work is hard and the job can be very stressful at times. I.E. in a hurry to finish all your stores without getting too much over time. Prepare for receiver clerks (the person(s) in charge of the back room) to be on your ass 24/7, most of them are on power trips.

I switched to beer companies because it's a lot less product.

If you have any questions, pm me.. I know everything there is to know.

·
made of particles
11,438 Posts
haha i was in recieving for awhile - i tried to be as chill as possible with teh delivery doods. the only thing that really drove me nuts were late deliveries cuz then it would back me up and id get bitched at for pulling ot.

·
Awd>All
3,163 Posts
i worked for coca cola, and now 7-up as a merchandiser. its not hard work, but it is alot of labor. ill tell you, coke sucks dont pay enough, 7-up is easy cause they dont have much product, but out of all the merch's pepsi guys are the happiest about their jobs. they never have anyhting bad to say about it. the only bad part about pepsi is that it takes awhile to get hired on...

·
I fight for the SYSTEM
18,623 Posts
i worked for coca cola, and now 7-up as a merchandiser. its not hard work, but it is alot of labor. ill tell you, coke sucks dont pay enough, 7-up is easy cause they dont have much product, but out of all the merch's pepsi guys are the happiest about their jobs. they never have anyhting bad to say about it. the only bad part about pepsi is that it takes awhile to get hired on...
labor is for illegal immigrants and women with child; TS should get a 'yob' at starbucks instead; hotties abound

·
Awd>All
3,163 Posts
Do not work for Pepsi. Soda companies are a bitch when it comes to merchandising. Hard work, long hours and you get screwed over constantly. I worked for Coca-Cola as a merchandiser.

You get about 5-6 stores a day. You use your car to drive to each store. Some times the stores are 5 miles apart, sometimes they're 40+. On certain days stores get loads, which means the Pepsi delivery truck drops product off there and it's your job to downstack it and organize it in your backstock. In the warehouse (backroom) of each grocery store there are certain sections for each distributor, this is your back stock.

Basically, you just walk in the store. Write down a list of what you need, usually a lot when it comes to soda. Wheel it out to the floor and start filling shelves. On certain days you also need to build displays, rotate product and sometimes even have to re-organize your entire backstock.

The pay is alright for a job that requires no experience but there's a reason for that. The work is hard and the job can be very stressful at times. I.E. in a hurry to finish all your stores without getting too much over time. Prepare for receiver clerks (the person(s) in charge of the back room) to be on your ass 24/7, most of them are on power trips.

I switched to beer companies because it's a lot less product.

If you have any questions, pm me.. I know everything there is to know.
you were in the same boat i was man.. coke sucks ass. they would send me to stores that had like 12-15 pallet loads and wouldnt send help. here in vegas we would get like 3 stores.. but a 12-15 pallet load will take 6 hours to do. stupid.. with coke i was working 6 days a week, and on my only day off my phone would be ringing off the hook at 4am wanting me to come in and work... i dont have any of those problems with 7-up now. i really want to work for red bull as a merch.. talk about easy haha

·
Awd>All
3,163 Posts
labor is for illegal immigrants and women with child; TS should get a 'yob' at starbucks instead; hotties abound
sorry "its alot of physical labor" but its cool if you couldnt handle it. alot of people cant... dont feel bad. you can go serve coffee all day cause thats a real easy job. :)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Yah and I hate the fact that I had to "consolidate" the backroom when Pepsi's and 7ups shit was all over the place. I mean, taking a fucking pallet out stacked with bottles is hard enough. THen to come back to clean their storage room? No thx.

·
I fight for the SYSTEM
18,623 Posts
sorry "its alot of physical labor" but its cool if you couldnt handle it. alot of people cant... dont feel bad. you can go serve coffee all day cause thats a real easy job. :)
try running a restaurant by yourself 6 days a week at 18 hrs a day for a few months and check back :thumbsup:

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
Are you really that weak? The cases are really light.

·
fat chicks FTL
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Are you really that weak? The cases are really light.
no i'm not weak...i'm just looking for a chill job to work at cuz i'll prob be stressed out from school and studying....and the last time i worked a physical job... i lost a lot of weight (i'm trying to gain weight lol)

21 - 40 of 50 Posts