Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title, i was wondering if anyone had blacked out tail lights because i saw a can of spray that gave the taillights a transparent black look. - if anyone has pics and would put them up thatd be great. im thinking about doing this because my type-s is black and i think it would look good. and yes i did search first

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
red-outs would look really good on your car.

·
I'm Kenny F&#$in Powers
3,452 Posts
DC5_FL said:
like the title, i was wondering if anyone had blacked out tail lights because i saw a can of spray that gave the taillights a transparent black look. - if anyone has pics and would put them up thatd be great. im thinking about doing this because my type-s is black and i think it would look good. and yes i did search first
Check my sig for pics and a DIY :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
DC5_FL said:

what up man. funny you ask me and my buds have been doin this for years, we're all sick of the chrome and altezza SHIT... most people like stock lights but just want them smoked or Reded out.... smoking them is easy... go to a hobby store a place with model cars planes etc. get the SPRAY TINT it's what they use to tint windows on model cars... TAKE YOUR TAIL LIGHTS OFF!!!!! this is a bitch mainly because there are two screws in the bumper holding them in that you have to get under to get to. spray the stuff on evenly and don't go overboard cause it'll run and you'll get drip marks. spay little by little keep letting it dry... it doesn't look dark when you put it on but once it dries you see a big difference... i have a black o3 type s... from far away you almost can't tell where the lights are it looks great. i'd post pics but i'm too lazy to go do that for this post. one last thing, it takes about 45 minutes to dry completly also the good/bad news about this is that if you fuck up, wash your tail lights a couple times real hard (more so than normal) and it'll come off. (re-apply every 4 months or so depending on how much you wash) so if you fuck up it'll come off eventually if you don't it'll come off eventually... the spray should only cost about 5 bones... late.

·
I'm Kenny F&#$in Powers
3,452 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is exactly what im lookin for r-type, what kind of spray or whatever did u use?

·
O h M
5,538 Posts
Damn, those taillights look sick. I did a DIY on my Accord when I used to have it, I got some Transparent Red Spray Paint from Wal-Mart and Made my whole rear light RED instead of White/Red.

Just a thing if anyone wants to do their lights ALL RED. Go to your local Wal-Mart if you have one and go buy Transparent Candy Apple Red Paint and spray paint it. Then go over with it a CLEAR Spray Paint and it comes out perfect.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
some bleck on bleck

·
fresh VTEC daily
170 Posts
Thanks for your replys guys.
The tail lights were powdercoated and oven baked.

No problems with Johnny laws. Had them for 3 years now.

·
Banned
26,325 Posts
r-type said:
Thanks for your replys guys.
The tail lights were powdercoated and oven baked.

No problems with Johnny laws. Had them for 3 years now.

why didnt you black out that hideious 3rd brake light, i blacked mine out with vht nightshades.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
aziatiklover said:
search is your friend
did you not see the part in my original post where i said i searched?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mo- how did the vht nightshades work for you-? and is it easy enough to DIY?

·
I'm Kenny F&#$in Powers
3,452 Posts
DC5_FL said:
Mo- how did the vht nightshades work for you-? and is it easy enough to DIY?
Peep my sig for the night shade DIY. The stuff is easy. Only thing is, it leaves runs real easy. So take the tails off the car, tape them off, and mist one coat at a time on there. Mist a coat, let it dry and so on. My tails have 7 coats and are pretty dark.

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
r-type said:
i usually hate DIY mods but this looks cool. like a ninja car.

·
I'm Kenny F&#$in Powers
3,452 Posts
He needs to post up some pics of them lit up though. I bet you cant hardly see the brake lights at night.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts