Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone had shaved door handles on their RSX. I searched around and couldnt find anything on this site. Anyone have it done to their car or have pictures of it? I think it would make the RSX look even more sleek.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i know someone that has it done to his civic and i think it looks much cleaner than stock. how much would it cost to buy the kit, which is around 200 bucks i think, and have it installed and painted as well? anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
I shaved the door handles and 3rd brake light over two yrs ago. The car is in the shop as we speak, in which they shaved the rain gutters, window washer nozles, lower body lines, and are molding the kit. As well as the complete color change:laughing:

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
FaintReality said:
I shaved the door handles and 3rd brake light over two yrs ago. The car is in the shop as we speak, in which they shaved the rain gutters, window washer nozles, lower body lines, and are molding the kit. As well as the complete color change:laughing:
oh man thats gonna be so sick

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked at FaintReality's pictures of the shaved door handles and they look sweet. Anyone have any more pics? What does everyone think, cool or not? FaintReality, how much did this all cost and how hard was it do have done?

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
hey does anyone have a vid of them opening the door w/ shaved handles?? i wanna see how far it pops out and how hard

·
Registered
337 Posts
FaintReality said:
what do u mean by "rain gutters" and what lower body lines? Just curious

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
tom1286 said:
what do u mean by "rain gutters" and what lower body lines? Just curious

The rain gutters is that black plastic strip that runs from the front to rear window on the roof...

Lower body lines run around the entire car, about a 8" from bottom of the car...

Attachments

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
captainobvious said:
I looked at FaintReality's pictures of the shaved door handles and they look sweet. Anyone have any more pics? What does everyone think, cool or not? FaintReality, how much did this all cost and how hard was it do have done?

I installed the setup myself since I do all my own work... Not only do I save money, I know its done properly! I hate other people touching my car.

I used the 50lb solenoid kit from www.autoloc.com Don't use any other kit on the market, they are crap... I speak from experience since this is my 4th vehicle with shaved handles, in which this is the first car I have had no problems with, and have been on over 2yrs.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
freekboy said:
hey does anyone have a vid of them opening the door w/ shaved handles?? i wanna see how far it pops out and how hard

If you install the spring loaded poppers, it will kick the door out about 3". I didn't install the poppers, so they only pop out a good 3/4"... Just enough to grab ahold of and pull open. Ease of use? Don't get any easier than having the door pop open with the click of a button on the remote. :p

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
it would suck on a daily driver in the winter because sh#t will freeze up !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts