Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Acura RSX Base
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’ve recently purchased a set of coilovers and i’m wondering if anyone has them, and knows if they’re any good. They’re Rev9 Hyper-Street II Coilovers (link for reference).
Again, just curious if anyone has these installed, and knows if they’re good!
coilovers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello! I’ve recently purchased a set of coilovers and i’m wondering if anyone has them, and knows if they’re any good. They’re Rev9 Hyper-Street II Coilovers (link for reference).
Again, just curious if anyone has these installed, and knows if they’re good!
coilovers
I’ve got those installed, probably running about a year & a half now. They’re OK, definitely a little stiffer than stock and help reduce the ‘squatting’ that makes the steering kinda squirmy under hard acceleration. Took a few visits to the shop to dial the height how I wanted it, but still honestly I was hoping for a little more improvement in the overall handling; playing w/ the damping dials was easy and helped some but it’s still bouncier than I like, can’t quite hit that sweet spot between firm & smooth.

Would like to be able to tinker w/ it some more myself but it’s too hard w/o a lift and having to do only one at a time and then get alignment re-done, etc. My originals were toast so I had to get something regardless and these were recommended in my price range, but I’d probably look for something else to try if I were doing it again.

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,623 Posts
I’ve got those installed, probably running about a year & a half now. They’re OK, definitely a little stiffer than stock and help reduce the ‘squatting’ that makes the steering kinda squirmy under hard acceleration. Took a few visits to the shop to dial the height how I wanted it, but still honestly I was hoping for a little more improvement in the overall handling; playing w/ the damping dials was easy and helped some but it’s still bouncier than I like, can’t quite hit that sweet spot between firm & smooth.

Would like to be able to tinker w/ it some more myself but it’s too hard w/o a lift and having to do only one at a time and then get alignment re-done, etc. My originals were toast so I had to get something regardless and these were recommended in my price range, but I’d probably look for something else to try if I were doing it again.
Okay, but how much money have you spent having the shop tweak your coilovers? I mean, to each their own, but adjusting coilovers is not that hard. To me, a few hours spent removing wheels and twisting collars is preferable to paying a shop.

·
Registered
2002 Acura RSX Base
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

i don’t daily this car, so i think i should be good, but thank you for the insight. Definitely will try to get them tweaked as best as i can at a shop, once they’re installed, but thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts