Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I like Golf
3,629 Posts

Word of the wise.
Anyone who is a car enthusiast that lives in Vancouver will not be happy with any car that is from a differernt provnice.

I've looked at countless out of provice cars for members here and no one was happy with the body rust under the car.

Vancouver cars are mint mint mint. you can not wash a car for a year in Vancouver and it will still look good; you can't do that anywhere else in Vancouver.

think twice. even if it was only in ontario for a year or two
(they have the worst cars in Canada; they salt the roads like crazy)

·
Registered
153 Posts
is the "A-spec" really anything more than a bodykit and suspension?? same drivetrain right? same tranny? same cut gears and lsd? So why spend 2x the money for a car that u could build for half the cost? Plus it has spent time out on the salty eastern roadways, and the accident it was in.

·
Registered
833 Posts
^ supposedly better pads and rotors too.

It's like a sport package. Anyways OP, if it was me I'd wouldn't get it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll have to rethink about getting it now.

I noticed the A-Spec badge is in the wrong place too, it should be under the RSX-S badge, not on top.

·
I like Golf
3,629 Posts
A-specs are nothing but a crappy marketing attempt.

I wasn't working for Acura during the RSX generation but I started just after the RSXs were finished.

I can't speak for those "A-specs" but now a days Aspec cars are nothing but basic cars (usually the Base models they can't sell) with updated vins (by Honda Canada 100% legit of course)
That come into the dealership fully stock and "basic"
then the tech ads in the Badges, Bodykit ect.... (Thats why the badge looks off, cuz some stuck up and lazy tech that rather be doing a 3 hour tranny job but gets paid for 12 hours of work is installing it)

Why do you think the new TSX "Aspecs" don't come in V6?
Why do you think the New TL Aspec doesn't come in Navi?

but.... i will say
+1 for A Spec suspension :laughing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts