Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone regret any mods they've made to their RSX? I got my car when I was just turning 19 and I have spent a good amount of money on mods etc. I'm almost 23 now and sometimes I regret spending so much money on my car. Then again, sometimes I don't. Maybe graduating from college, getting a full time job in the "real world," and maturing has made me feel this way. Eh, I don't know....does anyone else have similar feelings?

My mods:
-Halo 6000k HID
-Piaa 1700x fogs
-Replica JDM headlights
-Kazara 17x7 rims, Pirelli 17/45/225 tires
-Eclipse 5423 head unit
-Eclipse PA 2 channel amp; Eclipse EA 4 channel amp
-Diamond 12' sub
-Kicker KA components (front) and coaxials (rear)
-Tanabe exhaust
-Red outs

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
Rims = Biggest waste of money, but that's me.
Only thing I regret is buying my car with the A-Spec package. I never have any money left over for other mods after paying off a payments. :(

·
Miss Stacey Facey
1,174 Posts
Eh, I'm not really modded yet... But I wish my boyfriend didn't talk me into a sri instead of a cai.

·
Miss Stacey Facey
1,174 Posts
why the hell did ur bf tell you to get a sri they dont do nethign.
Because we live in the country and the weather gets messy, sometimes my car will be sitting in puddles... But in reality, it's not that big of a fucking deal ive realized lol...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Maybe graduating from college, getting a full time job in the "real world," and maturing has made me feel this way. Eh, I don't know....does anyone else have similar feelings?
Part of growing up bro...why do you think I'm still stockl. I'd lve to go blown but I have more imprtant things I'm sinking my money into...like a house. RSX is a great car out of the box- I wouldn't have gotten another one if I had to mod it to make it fun.

·
Registered
918 Posts
i regret not going to coilovers right away, trying to paint my own sideskirts, getting a big, angled, loud exhaust that attracted cops.

i now have oem painted sideskirts and a full 3'' stock looking exhaust.

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
the only time i regret mods is when they turn out to be pieces of shit.

example: i had a jackson racing supercharger installed in my former 97 GSR. thanks jackson racing for getting me stranded in the middle of nowhere due to your crappy supercharger.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I dont regret anything so far, and doubt i will. Doing shit to my car is my hobby but ill never dump tens of thousands into it. A little here and there will keep me satisfied. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
graf,
I didnt have to mods my car to make it fun etc. I chose to b/c at the time it was more of a hobby than it is now. At the time I was 19 and not 23 and at the time I was still in college w/o many expenses. I dont 100% regret any mods that Ive made but looking back on it I could have spent the money on better mods (like getting better speakers) or on something other then mods.

·
Hustle real hard
1,879 Posts
I feel ya bro. I purchased my RSX at 18 and I'm now 20. I look back and think, I could have used that money to pay back my parents for the loan they gave me. Now that I'm attending school and taking 14+ units and only working 20 hours a week, it's going to be a couple years before I pay my RSX off. I didn't do major things to my RSX but it all adds up. 1100 for rims and tires, 250 exhaust, 300 intake, and 20 for blacked out headlights. That's 1670 in mods, and I will never see a return. I wish I would've understood the concept of depreciating asset. But, we live and we learn. I take full responsibility for my actions and now I'm paying for them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.