Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
:)
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It feels hella faster when I am in the passengers's seat vs drivers seat! And my service advisor friend wasn't even flooring it! lol Why is that? Is it me or others feel the same way?

·
YUMADTHO
5,261 Posts
IMO it feels slower. But that's just me. I love the responsiveness when you're in the driver's seat, cuz you know when it's coming.

I let my friend DD for me all the time because it's a win-win situation: He has a base so he loves driving mine, and I get to drink. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
its mentally, u dont know what the other person is going to do on the road so everything scares u a bit and seems like ur goin faster..

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've noticed this too. I think its a combination of a couple of things. One is that when you're driving and floor it you know exactly when youre gonna start accelerating so you brace yourself for it a little. Another is you're not in control so it seems scarier. And finally, you're just sitting back and relaxing in the passenger seat whereas when youre driving you have the wheel to hold onto for support and are concentrating on driving itself.

·
Wanna see my war face?
9,528 Posts
yea it does feel different... especially when ur riding in the back seat

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol, yeah,

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
It feels hella faster when I am in the passengers's seat vs drivers seat! Why is that? Is it me or others feel the same way?
I agree, and I think thta goes for any car, it feels faster because you are not in control

·
15,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i remember letting somebody drive my gsr civic(cams, i, e, h, and gutted) i almost pissed in my pants! i didn't know my car was that fking fast! lol

·
PC Load Letter?
8,345 Posts
At the last auto-x event I went to I rode with my friend in his MR2 and it felt like it was much faster than my car. A few minutes later he rode with me and then said the exact same thing.

Definitely just a mental thing with not knowing what is going to happen.

I think at the next two events we are going to co-drive each others cars, then I should really be able to tell.

I'm hoping to beat him in his own car by at least a second. I should be able to since I usually beat him in my car and there are 3 classes in between us. :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts