Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
OG member
Joined
·
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current set-up is a full JDM k20a swap with JDM ecu into a base rsx..Does the hondata JDM k20a flash throw a CEL??jus wanted to kno because if it does i'll buy the casper o2 sim??? plus it's a sunday and i think HONDATA is closed..lol...can anyone answer?
 

·
OG member
Joined
·
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they can flash jdm ecu's now..so i might not be selling it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,250 Posts
No the Hondata K20A flash does not throw a CEL. I have been running it since last summer with no problems.
 

·
OG member
Joined
·
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
even with a race header??? cuz i got the jackson race header..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Even with the race header. I have a DC5 Type R with Hondata flash and the same header. No CEL :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,529 Posts
The hondata reflash will throw a CEL for no CAT (based on experience). If you have JDM Type-R ECU you won't get a CEL for no CAT from what I heard (not based on experience). I run the Mugen ECU (designed for the JDM Type-R), and I have no CEL for no CAT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
swwifty said:
The hondata reflash will throw a CEL for no CAT (based on experience). If you have JDM Type-R ECU you won't get a CEL for no CAT from what I heard (not based on experience). I run the Mugen ECU (designed for the JDM Type-R), and I have no CEL for no CAT.
:dontknow: I had an ECU sent over from Doug and assumed it was from a US car and have had no CEL. I am sure if Doug sees this thread all will be revealed.
 

·
OG member
Joined
·
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hopefully he'll see it...ahah..i've called hondata so many times, i feel that they are getting annoyed of me asking soooo many questions about the "if they can flash the JDM K20A ecu?"...finally i found out they can..lol..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,250 Posts
Another LeveL DJS said:
even with a race header??? cuz i got the jackson race header..
Get a O2 simulator, or better yet get the K-Pro.
 

·
OG member
Joined
·
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
k pro seems to be sooo complicated...lol...but yah i don't have the time and money to do dyno tunning..so the k20a flash is the way for me...casper o2 sim is my only choice i guess..
 

·
OG member
Joined
·
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just called hondata and spoke to matt....he jus told me that they can flash my k20a3 base ecu into the Type R flash....can anyone verify this??? doug???
 

·
Internet Crack Dealer
Joined
·
34,438 Posts
Don't waste your money on the O2 sim, it doesn't work. I had the Jackson header installed and put the O2 sim on and it didn't work. I told the company and they said that I needed to replace my O2 sensor to get their to work... Sorry, make a product that works, not some piece of crap that is useless.
 

·
OG member
Joined
·
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
was it the casper o2 sim??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,855 Posts
my sim works.
i guess its hit or miss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
K20A2 said:
Seems to be but do you want to spend $75 or whatever on a gamble? Screw that and that is why I don't sell it and don't recommend it to anyone.
Are there any O2 sims that work?

I have 2 ECU's a JDM Type R one and my hondata #4. My K20A runs much better with the Type R ECU but I will soon be upgrading to the K-Pro!! Whoo!
 

·
YEeEee
Joined
·
3,807 Posts
K20A2 said:
Don't waste your money on the O2 sim, it doesn't work. I had the Jackson header installed and put the O2 sim on and it didn't work. I told the company and they said that I needed to replace my O2 sensor to get their to work... Sorry, make a product that works, not some piece of crap that is useless.
:iamwiths:
CASPER :shooting:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top