Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i order the kpro does it come with a flash or do i have to access it with a laptop before i can even get my car to run???

·
ECU Tuner
4,287 Posts
K20A2 said:
You have to have a laptop to load the base flash, it doesn't come preloaded with one.
That brings up what I consider another important issue, having access to the Honda stock calibration. The K-Pro does NOT come with the stock calibration maps. I asked that question at the seminar, and Matt I think said there would be too many parameters to make that available. Yet, for a small fee Hondata returns a reflashed ECU back to stock, which will then presumably produce the stock Calibration Verification Number. Wouldn't it be a simple matter of downloading the stock Honda calibration and save it? Apparently as a reflash customer I have no access to the stock calibration even if I upgrade to the K-Pro. Your statement above indicates that if you send in a stock ECU it comes back with the base calibration intact, so that you could download and save that before loading what essentially amounts to a possibly tweaked Hondata 4. I really would like to have the stock Honda calibration available.

·
Registered
724 Posts
K20A2 said:
You have to have a laptop to load the base flash, it doesn't come preloaded with one.
What is the base flash , do you mean a stock flash? I thought it came with some presets , am I wrong. I could swear one screenshot showed a choice of presets. The #4 obviously is the one most people are running now.
So when I get the ECU back from Hondata is the ECU essentially blank or what? The only reason I ask is that I may not have access to a laptop when my ecu arrives and I was just hoping to "plug and play" so to speak until I could get it dyno tuned properly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought a brand new box, does this still mean that it comes blank?? I mean is this new ecu going to have any flashes in it? I really thought, the new ECU would come with #4 as a default.

AK

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
specialk75 said:
What is the base flash , do you mean a stock flash? I thought it came with some presets , am I wrong. I could swear one screenshot showed a choice of presets. The #4 obviously is the one most people are running now.
So when I get the ECU back from Hondata is the ECU essentially blank or what? The only reason I ask is that I may not have access to a laptop when my ecu arrives and I was just hoping to "plug and play" so to speak until I could get it dyno tuned properly.
:iamwiths: I already have #4 I plan on upgrading VERY soon like tomorrow I also what to know when I get it back can I just plug it in untill I get to the Dyno with out even needing a Labtop ??

·
ECU Tuner
4,287 Posts
BaysicTypeS said:
:iamwiths: I already have #4 I plan on upgrading VERY soon like tomorrow I also what to know when I get it back can I just plug it in untill I get to the Dyno with out even needing a Labtop ??
From what I understand, if you send in an ECU that was never reflashed with Hondata 4 it'll come back that way. If you send in one that already has the Hondata 4 reflash on it, it'll come back with that reflash. Either way, the car will run just fine, but you can now load other calibrations via laptop computer. The ECU is NOT blank. It'll drive your car just the same as it did before you sent it to Hondata.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
The ECU ships with several base maps but none of them are actually loaded on the ECU. You have to load the one for your RSX onto your ECU before you can do anything.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
K20A2 said:
The ECU ships with several base maps but none of them are actually loaded on the ECU. You have to load the one for your RSX onto your ECU before you can do anything.
We test all the ECUs before shipping them out. There is a calibration installed on all computers which is close to (and maybe even better) the # 4 reflash.

·
I support Death Panels
8,112 Posts
Hondata said:
We test all the ECUs before shipping them out. There is a calibration installed on all computers which is close to (and maybe even better) the # 4 reflash.
Excellent, But why do they come with the immobilizer turned off? Who wouldn't want that -- or, is there a problem installing it for the first time w/the immobilizer functioning? Sorry for the semi-off topic.

:spin:

·
ECU Tuner
4,287 Posts
4thGenTeg said:
Excellent, But why do they come with the immobilizer turned off? Who wouldn't want that -- or, is there a problem installing it for the first time w/the immobilizer functioning? Sorry for the semi-off topic.

:spin:
I've wondered about that myself in several posts. Who'd want the immobilizer off? And yet as far as I can tell the default in the calibration maps is immobilizer off. I do hope that once the Hondata crew gets back from the seminar circuit they'll be able to answer some of those basic questions. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
given that u submit ur ecu which already has a flash (eg toda) for k pro conversion does it come bak with that flash in place or do have to start all over again?

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
freekboy said:
if i order the kpro does it come with a flash or do i have to access it with a laptop before i can even get my car to run???

u gonna have frank tune the k-pro?? he says he charges 175 a hr to dyno tune.. he told me he went to the seminar. I might ask him to tune my kpro when i get it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts