Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
what about the prepainted ones on ebay? I got mine from TrimKing1 a few months ago for $190 shipped and it turned out great, the top of it was slightly wavy but the paint was perfect.

·
Registered
870 Posts
yeah what he saidyou get what you pay for

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im probably going to get it once i talk to a body shop and see how much they charge to paint and install it on. i cant do that myself lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i talked to a local body shop and they said if it was already painted (trimking1) then it would only be 100$ to install it...he said give or take a few depending on how hard or not hard it is to install it.

im pissed off though, trimking1 had 2 type R's on ebay and this morning when i went to go buy one.......their all sold out. i emailed him to see if he had anymore in stock...does anyone know anywhere else that sells them already painted??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rsxtc338 said:
$100 to install?? ouch. I hope you know they're only drilling 4 holes to do this.
how hard would it be if i got my boyfriend to do it and he doesnt know about cars? i mean he knows measurements and what not but nothing about cars

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
pinkrsxdiva said:
how hard would it be if i got my boyfriend to do it and he doesnt know about cars? i mean he knows measurements and what not but nothing about cars
dont let him do it then..go ask another shop..it's best to let people who have had experience with this..i mean ur gonna drill holes into ur car! what if he makes a booboo and the right side is not alligned with the left..so yeah just call some more shops

·
Registered
441 Posts
i wouldnt buy those replica wings.. think more man

:) hope you got it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shibbism said:
dont let him do it then..go ask another shop..it's best to let people who have had experience with this..i mean ur gonna drill holes into ur car! what if he makes a booboo and the right side is not alligned with the left..so yeah just call some more shops
well see thats what im saying...im not about to let someone drill holes in my car w/o them knowing what im doing. that place said around 100 give or take a few depending on how long it takes. i mean i guess he needs to see the wing first and what not. who knows. maybe i could have a guy call up there and ask how much it would cost and see if its any cheaper. im SURE places do that since im a girl they think that i dont know what im talking about (which i usually dont) and try to rip me off.

·
The Philthies
659 Posts
just got mine from Trimking1 on ebay and it looks perfect...the only thing is that one hole is severely off from my OEM holes....but thats no big deal i'm just going to drill and tap it

It was 185 shipped and painted

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
it's really not hard at all, there are already four pre-drilled holes on the hatch, just make sure that the wing will fit in those, installing a Type R wing is a 15 minutes job, so at 100$ for the install, I think it's a rip off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Frenchy said:
it's really not hard at all, there are already four pre-drilled holes on the hatch, just make sure that the wing will fit in those, installing a Type R wing is a 15 minutes job, so at 100$ for the install, I think it's a rip off.
well if the holes line up w/ the wing im not going to pay 100$ to install it...but if i have to end up drilling holes then im going to pay. i dont want my boyfriend doing that..he knwos nothing about cars but he can screw it in if its a perfect fit

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
scrot33 said:
just got mine from Trimking1 on ebay and it looks perfect...the only thing is that one hole is severely off from my OEM holes....but thats no big deal i'm just going to drill and tap it

It was 185 shipped and painted
that was how much mine cost. he just emailed me today w/ the tracking number so im thinking by next week sometime it will be here....are the colors an exact match? i have read some people on here say that everything is perfect w/ the wing but sometimes the paint was a little bumpy/rough around the edges..but not to the eye..just touching it. whatever. lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts