Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious how many people out there that have Honda badges, instead of Acura badges on their car, confuse people with it?

I'm from a real small city, where the closest Acura dealership is 2 hours away, needless to say there's only like 3 other RSXs here, and for the most part the people are pretty car ignorant.

I never intended on rebadging my car, until I got my bumper. I didn't want to leave the H indent empty, and having H's and A's would annoy the crap out of me, so I made the change.

It seems now when I'm at stop lights, or getting gas, people are always asking me what kind of car it is, and are interested in it.

I was just wondering how many other people get a lot of questions about their car, since they rebadged it.

·
UnDr PrShR
1,854 Posts
Im in the military and an E5 and i was in the store as i walked out there was an E-8 standing by my car just looking at it......in my mind i was like oh shit what did i do, but no he asked me if he could ask me some questions about my new car. He asked what kinda honda model is this......:rotfl: then i explained to him the whole JDM thing.

In a nut shell

1. stop at store
2. come out and see a senior military person standing by my car
3. expect ass chewing
4. hes just curious about the type of honda it was
5. he said it was interesting

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im in the military and an E5 and i was in the store as i walked out there was an E-8 standing by my car just looking at it......in my mind i was like oh shit what did i do, but no he asked me if he could ask me some questions about my new car. He asked what kinda honda model is this......:rotfl: then i explained to him the whole JDM thing.

In a nut shell

1. stop at store
2. come out and see a senior military person standing by my car
3. expect ass chewing
4. hes just curious about the type of honda it was
5. he said it was interesting

Haha, yeah, I find myself explaining the same deal over and over again, but it's pretty cool.

The best comment I ever got was some kid in a real old civic that was passing by, and his buddy leaned out the window and yelled "nice headlights!!"

They're just stock headlights. :rotfl:

·
canonberry crew holla
22,632 Posts
man i get that shit nonstop when i get out of my car after parking somewhere.

the latest experience i had was i parked at a pathmark around my way. and as im walking out, this young kid (16-17) says nice car. he then proceeds to ask me what kind of car it is and so i tell him. yada yada yada.. the same questions are asked and the same answers are exchanged every time this happens. but then he asks me if i had engine coolant in my car :confused:. i was like 'huh?'.. he says "engine coolant.. you know, engine coolant. your car sounds loud, so do you have engine coolant in there?". so i go "no, that was my vtec fluid you heard. i just filled it up today"

·
These Colors Might Run
3,668 Posts
man i get that shit nonstop when i get out of my car after parking somewhere.

the latest experience i had was i parked at a pathmark around my way. and as im walking out, this young kid (16-17) says nice car. he then proceeds to ask me what kind of car it is and so i tell him. yada yada yada.. the same questions are asked and the same answers are exchanged every time this happens. but then he asks me if i had engine coolant in my car :confused:. i was like 'huh?'.. he says "engine coolant.. you know, engine coolant. your car sounds loud, so do you have engine coolant in there?". so i go "no, that was my vtec fluid you heard. i just filled it up today"
awesome.

yeah, i get that a lot. The other day somebody wanted to get out of his spot on a construction site, so he comes back into the meeting and asks for the owner of a blue honda type S (i don't have an integra badge). Took me a second, but I got it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
awesome.

yeah, i get that a lot. The other day somebody wanted to get out of his spot on a construction site, so he comes back into the meeting and asks for the owner of a blue honda type S (i don't have an integra badge). Took me a second, but I got it.
Hahaha, that's gold.

There's also the people that wont ask you, they'll just eye the car like there's no tomorrow, and try to crack the riddle themselves.
I had this one really old guy do that, at a gas station. It looked like he was trying to use some jedi mind tricks on my car.

·
canonberry crew holla
22,632 Posts
awesome.

lol if they ever call my car over any loudspeaker as a honda integra, i probably wouldnt do anything because i wont realize its my car they're talking about lol

·
Registered
16,657 Posts
lol I was browsing the forums one night looking at pics of teh RSX's. My dad walked in and I said do you like the look of this RSX, he imadiatly said son, that's a honda.. I thought Acura made your car, it made me giggle :mam:

·
Ay BAY BAY
1,480 Posts
i get it all the damn time

"i thought u drove and rsx, not an integra"

a cop once said "honda integra? i thought acura makes integras"

"your car isnt a honda....."

"is that the new honda civic?":run: :run: :shakehead :deadhorse :shooting: :shooting:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i get it all the damn time

"i thought u drove and rsx, not an integra"

a cop once said "honda integra? i thought acura makes integras"

"your car isnt a honda....."

"is that the new honda civic?":run: :run: :shakehead :deadhorse :shooting: :shooting:
Hahah, at least it's not just contained to my area, I feel better now.

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
i get that alot to. it gets annoying. my co workers would make fun of my car since they drive muscle cars. they call my car a cheap honda and i tell them ITS A FUCK ACURA BITCH!

matterfact, i got pulled over the other night, got a ticket for speeding and the cop wrote down honda hahahahah.

·
#BAMF
21,617 Posts
my b/f and i went to look at a s2000 a honda dealership recently and my car was parked next to some of the new cars...

we come outside after hearing the whole sales speech and there is a lady her husband and a salesman..

lady: wow i really like your civic
salesman: yeah its pretty nice
me: umm, its not a civic its an RSX--acura??
salesman::dontknow:

that shit made me laugh so hard!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my b/f and i went to look at a s2000 a honda dealership recently and my car was parked next to some of the new cars...

we come outside after hearing the whole sales speech and there is a lady her husband and a salesman..

lady: wow i really like your civic
salesman: yeah its pretty nice
me: umm, its not a civic its an RSX--acura??
salesman::dontknow:

that shit made me laugh so hard!
Hah, yeah, I'm guessing the majority of the people that see the Honda emblem think "civic" right away.

The ones that know civics though, are the people that really get confused.

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
I have to explane it quite often, lol i also have a "police interceptor " badage on my car that cause's alot of cunfusion.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
I still have my acura badging on, but i usually refer to my car as a Honda, so when I do it without thinking about it to some of my non-car friends, their always like "what? honda? wtf wtf zzzzzzzzomg WTFF ahhhrrrr!!???!?!?" :run:

·
iLoveMyDc5
2,431 Posts
mine was a kid who drives an ek, he said" is that the new civic? they look better in black only" i was like" no it's an integra bitch!" then later on i went back to acura badges cus mom didnt want any honda in our garage.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.