Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: Autocross pictures page 2

Current

I got my 2003 EBP in 2007 when I was a sophomore in high school. Got a base cuz my parents thought I would kill myself with 200hp. Reasonable assumption for a high school kid so I was okay with it.

I could only keep the car if I “DO NOT MODIFY IT”. Parent’s rules. They’re not the people to notice cars, so my goal (still) is to make SUBTLE MODS so that my parents still think it’s stock. Of course I did it little by little over time so they wouldn’t notice.

Subtle mods include:
Tein H-Tech springs (1” drop all around)
Ingalls front & rear camber kit
Hondata Gutted Airbox mod
JDM sidemarkers
DIY blackout
Redouts
Retro-solutions 35W 5000k HIDs
Yellow foglights (don’t know how they missed that)
Bronze caliper paint
Replica CE28’s black w/ polished lip (convinced my parents to get rims cuz a friend was selling them $400 for four rims WITH new tires)
Kenwood deck (gift), Polk Audio speakers, 10” JL sub, 400W Dual amp
Blue stitching 4 seats

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Decided the yellow fogs looked too juvenile so I did clear lexan lenses with color matched housing and yellow bulbs

Paint on both doors and rear bumper was cracking due to previous owners :firemad: so I repainted those panels myself

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The final stage: getting a lip kit and decklid past their eyes
Strategy: spray paint replica CE28’s gunmetal and put them on with the lip kit as a diversion
And it worked :)

The A-spec front, ITR sides & rear and decklid are all ebay replicas and I painted & mounted them all myself BECAUSE I just finished my freshman year of college and my funds are TIGHT :(

Definite next mod is Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC coilovers so I can drop it more than it is already. Of course, plan on lowering it little by little so my parents won’t notice. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I like how you create diversions to put other stuff on.:shady:
Looks clean.:thumbsup:

Also, why would your parents be mad if you just put on exterior mods?
Its not like a lip kit will give you extra hp. (Or maybe your parents are ricers)jk

Also, on your first picture, I thought your rims were bronze.
I think they would look good bronze than gunmetal.

·
Super Moderator
430,543 Posts
also an 03 ebp owner myself, lookin awesome dude. just keep moddin lil by lil they wont notice it at all. did the same with my parents, only thing they notice diff is that i lowered the car, nothin else (cant really get that pass them)

yo we should meet up for a photo shoot, 2 ebp ftw

·
CRSX> Homework
2,484 Posts
lol good job man. you should make a DIY thread "how to subtlely mod your car so your parents won't notice" I'm sure alot of kids on here will find it useful :rotfl:

car is coming along nicely though. but why do u still need to hide it from your parents if u got it in 2007 when you were a sophomore....shouldnt you be in college? do they still care hahahah

·
Berlina
3,090 Posts
looks real good. keep it up. i had the same problem with the car my parents bought me in high school. so i said screw off, and bought my type s with my own money. best decision to date lol. oh and college students ftl :thumbsdow

1 - 20 of 51 Posts